Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Texture Packs using Homebrew Channel Emulators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys I believe it could be possible to make textures for other systems such as PS1 using the emulator for that system through the Homebrew Channel. Just imagine creating Texture packs for PS1 games that would be awesome.  
I think the PS1 emulator on Wii I tried used a software renderer... which means we can't do custom textures on it.
I don't suppose any of the standard VCs actually use textures while emulating 2D systems on the Wii, do they? That sounds like a nightmare trying to code; realistically, software rendering is probably the only sane way to approach most 2D systems, but we've already seen VCs do weird stuff.
Wait, is this about building texture pack support into such an emulator and running it on a Wii, or is it about running the emulator unmodified in Dolphin while using Dolphin's texture pack support? That you mention running it through the Homebrew Channel makes it sound like the former.