Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Sunshine widescreen not working / Gecko Codes not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

derdingobaron

So, I'm currently trying to set up Mario Sunshine to run in widescreen at 60fps. I've tried both the official Dolphin as well as Ishiiruka (where I at least was able to run the game properly at 60fps with a patch).

I have the widescreen hack disabled, Force 16:9 enabled, and tried various Gecko codes that supposedly make the game work in widescreen, notably the "16:9 Widescreen (Region Free)" and another one called "16:9" that was already there when I opened the Gecko codes in Ishiiruka. But the game only gets stretched to 16:9 instead of real widescreen... The aspect ratio is all messed up.

I've also tried applying the "60FPS (Region-Free)" Gecko code and it doesn't work, either. So then I just started enabling random Gecko codes to see if any would work, like "Mute game", and there was still sound, and various others which didn't do a thing. So clearly, no Gecko codes seem to work for me at all. Any suggestions?  Huh
Config > Enable Cheats?

derdingobaron

Oh man... That did it. I have no idea how I overlooked that Rolleyes
Ishiiruka probably enables this by default as a UX decision. We keep it disabled by default due to some potential side effects.
(06-17-2016, 02:49 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Ishiiruka probably enables this by default as a UX decision.

Doesn't seem like it: https://github.com/Tinob/Ishiiruka/blob/...r.cpp#L497

derdingobaron

Okay... Now suddenly Dolphin won't run in widescreen unless I open the graphics config while running the game, then it switches from 4:3 to 16:9. That's with Force 16:9 enabled and with or without the widescreen gecko code. Ishiiruka doesn't have this issue.
Try Stretch to Window instead.