Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Where does Dolphin store configuration settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Black Flag

Last time I used Dolphin was around a year ago and it seems that a lot has changed since then, config files have different names. I copied the entire "Dolphin Emulator" folder over, but my configuration setting didn't transfer.
For example, graphics setting used to be stored in "gfx_opengl.ini" instead of "GFX.ini".

Can you tell me where the most important settings are stored?

- Dolphin configuration settings
- save files
- controller settings
If you have the Dolphin Emulator folder, you should have it all already. The old graphics INIs will automatically be migrated to the new GFX.ini if it doesn't exist already, and I can't think of any other major changes.

Black Flag

(06-15-2016, 07:18 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you have the Dolphin Emulator folder, you should have it all already. The old graphics INIs will automatically be migrated to the new GFX.ini if it doesn't exist already, and I can't think of any other major changes.

Dolphin didn't pick my older settings, as far as I can see everything was at default. Could you please tell the important .ini files and the locations for save files? I want to clean redundant files in any case and can copy mandatory content manually.
INI files are in the Config folder (you probably want Dolphin.ini, GCPadNew.ini, Hotkeys.ini (if it exists), WiimoteNew.ini, and any gfx INIs you have), and save files are in the GameCube and Wii folders. If you have been using savestates, they are in SaveStates.

jooo

why is the kokiri and razor swords blade black?
Please read our rules about necroposting. If you have a question about Dolphin, please make a new thread in Support or make a post in a dedicated thread about that game in one of our subforums. Additionally, please provide as much information as possible so others can help you as best as they can.