Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess frames problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Porkinson

Hi, i have been looking in the wiki and other places but havent found the problem yet, the game drops frames during the cut scenes down to around 15-20 fps and sometimes it continues after the cut scene, i first assumed that my processor was just too slow, but if i enter the graphics menu during the low frame rates it instantly fixes itself and goes up to 30 fps and whenever another cut scene occurs it doesn't drop frames again, now this would be fine if it wasnt for the fact that the minimap gets ruined if i access the graphics menu during the game, and since at the start of the game it says that accessing said menu can create problems i would assume that it may do even more bad stuff.

i am using Dolphin 4.0-1767, Direct3D, AR code for 16:9, forced 16:9, AA, AF, TF deactivated and the rest is default, any ideas on what to do? sorry if this has been asked before.
Update to the latest development version of Dolphin. 4.0-1767 is rather old by now, and there have been many performance improvements since then. Once you've done that, you should also enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the game properties.

Porkinson

(06-13-2016, 02:03 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Update to the latest development version of Dolphin. 4.0-1767 is rather old by now, and there have been many performance improvements since then. Once you've done that, you should also enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the game properties.

i do have enabled the Hyrule Field Speed Hack, forgot about saying it, about the version, i cant seem to find the list of latest versions, when i visit [LINK REMOVED - OLD DOLPHIN SITE] it only shows 4.0 as last and i had to get the 1767 from a link in the wikia, sorry if this questions sound too noobish but i dont know where to find a newer one.
(06-13-2016, 01:55 AM)Porkinson Wrote: [ -> ]but if i enter the graphics menu during the low frame rates it instantly fixes itself and goes up to 30 fps and whenever another cut scene occurs it doesn't drop frames again

That's because when you do that you're overriding game specific options we set in the gameini folder. We apply certain settings for certain games to make sure they work for everybody and the user doesn't always have to go changing settings whenever they change games.

So don't do that.

Also, do what JosJuice said and update. When you go to try to find the Hyrule Speed Hack option, it's located in

Properties (Right click on the game in Dolphin) > AR Codes > Check Hyrule Speed Hack.

After you do that, go to

Config > Check "Enable Cheats"

Then boot Twilight Princess and load from a normal save.

EDIT: That isn't the official website and is a website run by an asshole who just wants to collect ad revenue. Click on the download link at the top of this page
The official downloads are at https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

(06-13-2016, 02:24 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Properties (Right click on the game in Dolphin) > AR Codes > Check Hyrule Speed Hack.

It's actually under Patches, not AR Codes.

Porkinson

(06-13-2016, 02:24 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]That's because when you do that you're overriding game specific options we set in the gameini folder. We apply certain settings for certain games to make sure they work for everybody and the user doesn't always have to go changing settings whenever they change games.

So don't do that.

Also, do what JosJuice said and update. When you go to try to find the Hyrule Speed Hack option, it's located in

Properties (Right click on the game in Dolphin) > AR Codes > Check Hyrule Speed Hack.

After you do that, go to

Config > Check "Enable Cheats"

Then boot Twilight Princess and load from a normal save.

EDIT: That isn't the official website and is a website run by an asshole who just wants to collect ad revenue. Click on the download link at the top of this page

did it, and its fixed, sorry, never really knew that that website was like that, it appeared as the first result for dolphin so i kinda assumed that it was the official, thanks a lot for the help!
OpenGL usually runs faster on Nvidia graphics cards, so try switching from D3D if you have any future speed problems.