Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Installing Winetricks Directx9 For Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bradbucknerfl

I have a Mac Book Pro and like playing Melee on Dolphin, as well as streaming. I encountered many problems with lag, and after researching a ton, I found that my problem is that I have to use the OpenGL backened instead of Directx9. I have Wine and WineBottler, and I know that you are supposed to be able to install certain "WineTricks", including Directx9. I followed the instructions to where it says it was installed successfully, but when I open Dolphin, I can only see the option for OpenGL. Are there any steps in between installing the WineTricks and running it on Dolphin? I have seen people have both OGL and DX9 in random tutorials so I'm sure this is possible. Thank you.
You aren't going to be playing Melee on a MacBook Pro and streaming at the same time. The MacBook Pro is prone to overheating.

Using Wine will grant you lower performance than native all together, and I totally do not recommend using Wine to use an old Dolphin version.
Find out what specs you have in the Macbook first of all. Then we can help you from there.
Also try the latest dev builds of Dolphin.
Dolphin has not supported D3D9 for quite some time! Even if you got this system to work and were able to run D3D9 to run on your mac, you'd have to use very old and very slow builds for it, so it would most likely just end up being slower than just using the latest dev builds and OpenGL...