Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0-9442 + Steam Link Controller issues (older version worked though)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Daedalus51

Cheers guys,

I am having troubles with the latest version of Dolphin and my Steam Link.

The situation is the following:

I had Dolphin 3.5something installed to play Xenoblade on my PC with a 360 Controller. I was still having weird sound issues from time to time which got more annoying the more I played.
Today, I thought hey, why not give a newer version a shot and also try out if Dolphin works via Steam Link so I could enjoy the game on my big TV.

I first added Dolphin 3.5 to my Apps on Steam and started it via the Steam Link. I have the 360 Controller plugged into the Steam Link and it acted like expected like a mouse until the game started and then everything was fine (despite the mentioned audio issues). So overall, it worked like a charm Smile

Now it gets weird Big Grin I then downloaded the newest version of Dolphin, added it to Steam, did set all the same settings etc and suddenly, as soon as Dolphin was started, the Controller did not work anymore at all. I couldnt navigate Dolphin anymore with the thumbstick like a mouse and had to start the game manually with the mouse, but then, in game...the controls also didnt work anymore.

Now to make it any weirder, when I use the mouse to open the controller config of Dolphin via the Steam Link, the controller suddently works, but as soon as I close the controller options to start the game, its all not working again.

So to me, this sounds like something that changed from Dolphin 3.5 to version 4 which is causing this and I would be super happy to get any help on this, since the game is damn awesome in 1080p and I want to enjoy it with my GF on the couch Big Grin

Thanks a lot and cheers!

Daedalus
Try changing the backend to Direct3D 11.

If that doesn't work, Graphics > Advanced > check borderless fullscreen / disable exclusive fullscreen, whatever that option is called.
I would try enabling background input, that could be it.
^ Actually yeah, do that instead. Ignore my post.

Daedalus51

Hey guys,

thanks a lot for the tips so far. Sadly, non of them worked Sad I already run on DX11 and have background input enabled.
As stated in my first post, there seems to be a general problem with Dolphin getting the inputs from my Controller under certain conditions that has not been there with the older version.

Again, the Controller works fine as soon as I manually open the controller config in Dolphin but as soon as its closed, no input gets recognized anymore. So again, I think its some weirdness that might be caused by general code changes for the latest version. I will try today to update to the latest beta firmware of the Steam Link that allows to bypass the Controller input from Steam Link and directly uses the one from the host PC, but besides that, I am really starting to run out of ideas.

Any ideas on how to properly fix the audio issues for Xenoblade if I have to go back to the older Dolphin build of Dolphin that worked fine?

Cheers! Smile
Can you try to find out which build broke it? Always test the build in the middle between working and not working, so you don't have to test 100 builds.

Daedalus51

Okay, so I tried a couple of Dolphin 4 builds WITHOUT Steam Link on my machine, and in every single one the 360 gamepad works while configuring the controller but is fully dead as soon as I launch the game Sad
Are there any known issues in regards to the 360 controller and Dolphin 4?

Daedalus51

Okay, I finally fixed it and feel slightly stupid Big Grin

Xenoblade is a Wii game, and the older versions of Dolphin used the GC Controller input! So with the update, what I had to do was to configure a "fake" wii mote and then add the classic controller as extra Big Grin
Now its working perfectly! Sorry for all the fuzz. I was just super unsure why suddenly everything was not working anymore.

Cheers!