Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bit of a dilemma regarding Dolphin and my computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fair warning: this is written so that I can provide as much detail as possible to help my problem be fixed. Please read, even though it might be long!--
 So a while back I decided to get Dolphin so I could play wind waker. The video was fine, but the audio was terrible. I tried fiddling with it but to no avail. I was then playing for a little bit, but with the audio messed up and me not liking the controls and how to figure them out, I exited out and bought a gamecube to usb adapter for my laptop. It's offbrand, 3rd-party with the only words on the back saying - GC Controller Adapter-- GC Controller Adapter for Wii U-- MOD:BX-W201 --and then the common era CE, a box with a checkmark and RoHS, and then a trashcan with an x through it with a white bar beneath it(also its made in china) This thing took a full day for me to install, figure out the install I used didn't work, find another install option, install again, find out my version of Dolphin wasn't usable (which I then downloaded 4.0-9440), then finally set up the controller adapter which I hope works because I still haven't been able to play anything. (BTW- I used vJoy at first from the venturebeat.com website, and now I'm using the Zadig from the dolphin wiki) So, once that was all done and finished, I tried to launch Wind Waker. But two pop-ups came up, which were these -[attachment=14765][attachment=14764] I then went on another elusive journey figuring out what the hell OpenGL was and then tried to download OpenGL 3.1 (it might have just been an updater or something because when I went back, it didn't have a version number) and it said my computer was not compatible or something along those lines. I started to wonder since I could run the game before on 4.0.2, maybe if I try different versions they'll work. I then downloaded 4.0-6679, which didn't work (found from the wind waker dolphin wiki page) and then 4.0-4599 (which I currently have now) and didn't work either (got from the dolphin gamecube adapter wiki) Some of this info might be unnecessary, but I don't want to leave anything out because something might have happened when I messed with the adapter downloading or with the different versions, but nonetheless I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix this and how I can possibly run Wind Waker with my gamecube adapter and have it all working and getting along together. Please help. Thanks!
(06-09-2016, 06:42 AM)okwa Wrote: [ -> ]I then got the rom ofI f of coolroms I believe and proceeded to launch.

This violates the forum rules. You should not download games, even if you own the game.
My bad, I forgot to include my specs
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel Core i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz
Video Card/GPU: Intel HD Graphics Family
Memory/RAM: 6.00 GB
(06-09-2016, 06:46 AM)TurboK Wrote: [ -> ]This violates the forum rules. You should not download games, even if you own the game.

god damn it I hate myself
Your iGPU drivers don't support for OpenGL 3.3, and there's nothing you can do if you already made sure your drivers are up-to-date.

You can try the Direct3D backend, but I don't think you are going to have a very good experience on that PC. The CPU is mediocre and should handle Wind Waker just fine, but the GPU is terrible. Does your laptop have a dedicated GPU you can use? That'll work much better than your iGPU.
(06-09-2016, 07:15 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Your iGPU drivers don't support for OpenGL 3.3, and there's nothing you can do if you already made sure your drivers are up-to-date.

You can try the Direct3D backend, but I don't think you are going to have a very good experience on that PC. The CPU is mediocre and should handle Wind Waker just fine, but the GPU is terrible. Does your laptop have a dedicated GPU you can use? That'll work much better than your iGPU.

I don't have a dedicated graphics card but I don't know if I should get one since this computer is crap anyways, any suggestions?
Just did what you said and the video loaded, controllers working, not sure how well this will run but thank you
If this is a laptop, you can't add a dGPU. Well, there are ways to connect a dGPU externally, but since your laptop is pretty old, I doubt it supports them. And imo, it's not worth it because the CPU is not that great either.
@leolam - Try not to give any support to pirates. We try to close these threads as fast as we can, but in the meantime, just let them sort out their own problems.

Anyway, downloading games is against the forum rules, so without further ado, thread closed.