Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin likes to crash on Sonic and sega all stars racing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK lets make this quick.
Whenever I Start sonic and Sega all stars racing with dolphin whenever I try to start a race dolphin freezes and the sound keeps repeating and then it closes by itself without any warning or me doing anything.
Some1 Please help meh im desperate to play this game....
It sounds like the Sonic Unleashed optimization causing issues. Unfortunately, that was fixed after the 32-bit builds were dropped.
Your CPU supports 64 bit supposedly. You could reinstall your OS as 64 bit and use development releases of Dolphin.

However, I doubt it'll be a pleasant experience by any means. You have the bare minimum amount of memory to even run your OS, let alone anything else. As well as your GPU likely being ancient, and we've gotten slower on GPU in the latest development builds (2-3x times faster on CPU though)

When you get down to it, your PC just isn't going to cut it for Dolphin.
(06-07-2016, 04:02 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU supports 64 bit supposedly. You could reinstall your OS as 64 bit and use development releases of Dolphin.

However, I doubt it'll be a pleasant experience by any means. You have the bare minimum amount of memory to even run your OS, let alone anything else. As well as your GPU likely being ancient, and we've gotten slower on GPU in the latest development builds (2-3x times faster on CPU though)

When you get down to it, your PC just isn't going to cut it for Dolphin.
If your saying my PC cant run dolphin I Highly doubt that since I can play SSBB at 50 (or less ) FPS.
But I will try to reinstall my system to 64 bit and see what happens.

Edit: Can't Reinstall My system to 64-bit
SSBB is a rather lightweight game compared to other games.

Why can't you reinstall windows as x64 bit?
(06-09-2016, 04:29 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]SSBB is a rather lightweight game compared to other games.

Why can't you reinstall windows as x64 bit?

I can't find my installation disc still I can reinstall it.... but I do have a spare windows vista that I can try to see if it is 64-bit.Hopefully it is.
(06-09-2016, 05:38 AM)Maxthegreat888 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find my installation disc still I can reinstall it.... but I do have a spare windows vista that I can try to see if it is 64-bit.Hopefully it is.

If it is the install disc you used before it would still only be 32-bit afaik, you can download the 64-bit version from microsoft.
(06-08-2016, 07:26 AM)Maxthegreat888 Wrote: [ -> ]If your saying my PC cant run dolphin I Highly doubt that since I can play SSBB at 50 (or less ) FPS.

That is exactly what I'm saying.

On some stages, SSBB is one of the most easiest games for Dolphin to emulate, and you're not even getting that at full speed.

Less than full speed on brawl isn't exactly playable for... Anything.
What you should do is use the Windows 10 upgrade tool, then reinstall windows 10 as 64bit
(06-09-2016, 09:49 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]What you should do is use the Windows 10 upgrade tool, then reinstall windows 10 as 64bit

Why?
Pages: 1 2