Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

scaryghoul

Ok well I've spent the last ....alot of hours trying to fix problem after problem and I think I've narrowed it down to 1 problem with my video.
I am running the linux version of dolphin on a 32bit computer

I run this from the terminal in order to pinpoint my problems and this one I am unsure about.
Below is the output of the terminal that seems off to me

18:57:486 E[Video]: no Direct Rendering possible!
18:57:667 E[Video]: Not enough vertex shader environment constants!!
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): std::bad_alloc
Aborted

We suspect its a video card problem and am pursuing that
I have an intel video card
Here is a link to d2jsp where someone told me to post here but it contains older information from this.
http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showto...y232196788

My friend says intel video cards arent compatible with this but is there a way around it?

Here is my windows version run in wine output

err:module:import_dll Library XINPUT1_3.dll (which is needed by L"H:\\Dolphin\\Plugins\\Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll") not found
DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll: Module not found
err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_40.dll (which is needed by L"H:\\Dolphin\\Plugins\\Plugin_VideoDX9.dll") not found
DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_VideoDX9.dll: Module not found
err:module:import_dll Library XINPUT1_3.dll (which is needed by L"H:\\Dolphin\\Plugins\\Plugin_Wiimote.dll") not found
DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_Wiimote.dll: Module not found
err:module:import_dll Library XINPUT1_3.dll (which is needed by L"H:\\Dolphin\\Plugins\\Plugin_PadSimple.dll") not found
DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: Module not found

Again this is just the odd stuff upon startup i noticed

scaryghoul

Ok well I've come to terms in which I probably can't use dolphin as I've fixed it down to 1 last problem (18:57:667 E[Video]: Not enough vertex shader environment constants!!) which involves the hardware itself. Now my last question is can we make it so that dolphin doesnt require this? I know we can but its just a matter of how. Is there some sort of setting to make it not require this or change it to something else?

My last error from the terminal for both native linux version.
28:24:050 E[Video]: Not enough vertex shader environment constants!!
Segmentation fault
1. Intel Video Cards are crap anyways
2. "No Direct Rendering" sounds like your drivers don't support OpenGL
3. Wine: You need Direct3D Augest 2009 update and MSVC++ Runtime 2008 SP1

Intel video cards are really only compatible with Direct3D, so it sounds like you are screwed on your linux OS. I can bet ya they didn't make a good OGL compatible *nix driver for Intel cards. Tongue On Windows, OGL is pretty much a bust on Intel cards as well. Also if GL did work, I doubt you would get good performance anyways.

scaryghoul

(10-05-2009, 07:45 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]1. Intel Video Cards are crap anyways

Intel video cards are really only compatible with Direct3D, so it sounds like you are screwed on your linux OS. I can bet ya they didn't make a good OGL compatible *nix driver for Intel cards. Tongue On Windows, OGL is pretty much a bust on Intel cards as well. Also if GL did work, I doubt you would get good performance anyways.

1. I know but this computer is 4-6 years old so it's decent
2. True but I fixed the direct rendering so its only the one last problem
3. So for wine if I put my time in to fix all the other problems will I still get the video card problem?

Yea I'm slowly learning what it's compatible with, this is the first time I've had any trouble with anything.
(10-05-2009, 07:56 PM)scaryghoul Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2009, 07:45 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]1. Intel Video Cards are crap anyways

1. I know but this computer is 4-6 years old so it's decent
2. True but I fixed the direct rendering so its only the one last problem
3. So for wine if I put my time in to fix all the other problems will I still get the video card problem?

Yea I'm slowly learning what it's compatible with, this is the first time I've had any trouble with anything.

Well, Wine will use OGL, so basically, you need to get OGL working first anyways.