Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NetPlay Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Regularjake55

Okay I am having trouble with setting up NetPlay, uPTP is enabled on my router, I portforwarded it manually too, just to be sure. I have gone over to many guides and me and my friends go step my step through everything making sure we did it correctly, if there is a problem we double check and everything is as it should be. So I go to a different guide and we do the same thing, and get the same result. I have run out of guides. Can someone PLEASE give me a guide that would work? My friend tried hosting and we were able to connect but he kept getting that lost frame message or whatever. When they would try to connect to me it would either say "a netplay window is already open" or it would just do nothing. Could someone help please we would like to try playing games like Melee and Mario Party together, mainly Mario Party so if someone has a guide to do this for Mario Party that would be absolutely amazing. Thanks for any responses in advance! Big Grin
Are you using the transversal server or direct connect?

Regularjake55

(06-09-2016, 04:27 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the transversal server or direct connect?

I was trying to do direct connect but whichever is easiest would be the one for me. lol
The transversal server is usually easier if you have a router that supports it because you don't need to set up any settings in your router, and you only need to share a code to your friends.

Regularjake55

(06-09-2016, 10:01 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]The transversal server is usually easier if you have a router that supports it because you don't need to set up any settings in your router, and you only need to share a code to your friends.

How do I know if my router supports it?
I think there's some official way, but the best way is to just give it a try.