Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OBS issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm back again, with another problem.

So i want to stream on my twitch, i set everything up. For some reason OBS software picks up the dolphin main window, but not the game window. Anyone have advice on how to fix that issue? I feel like its staring me in the face and i can't see it.
You could use render to main. Other than that, what options does OBS give you to select the window it uses?
You can use capture full screen application in obs.
I tried fullscreen capture with no change. And how would i render to main?

It gives me the the option to select the game window but it doesn't show the game, just a black screen.
If you are using DX12 backend that's your problem. I had the same problems the only way to use DX12 is to use monitor capture.
I've had some issues like that myself, it seems OBS only see the content of the game's window when it wants.

Usually, restarting dolphin and launching OBS in admin mode fixes it for me. (otherwise I'd get a black screen on OBS)
OBS has issues.

1. It doesn't work with DX12 right now
2. DX11 Game Recording seems shaky, probably because dolphin is different then games which OBS can record with ease
3. OGL recording flat out doesn't work in my experience
4. The fact that the new multiplatform OBS has multiple other issues

Usually messing around for a bit allows it to work fine.
Graphics > General tab > Render to main window