Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: evdev: making Dolphin recognise unplugged then replugged controllers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to force Dolphin to recognise controllers that were unplugged then reconnected? I'm using Dolphin with xwiimote to play GC games, and currently, every time the Wiimote disconnects, I have to exit full screen mode, go to the Controller configuration and then click on "Refresh" for input to work again. This is of course not very practical.
Pressing the F5 button should reconnect them.
Thanks for your reply, but I believe that's actually used to reconnect an actual Wiimote, and it doesn't refresh controllers or work at all for GC games.

To clarify, I'm using a Wiimote + Classic Controller to emulate a GC controller and play GC games with it:
Spoiler:
This works quite well, but the problem is that when the Wii remote is disconnected, I can easily reconnect it to my PC, but Dolphin will not recognise its input and will still think it's disconnected, unless I exit fullscreen mode, go to the Controller settings and click on "Devices > Refresh".

Also, this happens in fact for any controller that you can disconnect, not just Wiimotes.
Dolphin doesn't support hotplugging of controllers through the ControllerInterface except under Android. Someone needs to improve that. So the only way is to go through the whole Devices->Refresh dance.
I see -- in the end, that ended up being so annoying that I ended up adding hotplug support for evdev (PR #3890). If someone on Linux could try it and let me know if it works, that'd be great.

Thanks for pointing me to ControllerInterface -- I'm not familiar at all with Dolphin's codebase (nor with C++, for that matter).