Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Okami black lines issue (EFB effect)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Cvzxd

Black lines moving on almost every object. I tried solution from wiki (which also says that it was fixed), but no luck on latest dolphin. I tried two other versions of emulator: 4.0-5557 (latest before bug was "fixed") and 3.5. No luck on first, but on latter wiki method works. But compared to latest build fps on my rig too low. Can it be somehow fixed on recent builds?
Do you have the latest drivers installed for your AMD GPU?
Also are you using OpenGL or Direct3D? DX11/12 works better with AMD.
I think the wiki entry is wrong. When the bug was "fixed", the effect was made to work with efb to texture only. Before that, it only worked with when you disabled efb to texture only(disable efb to texture only = efb to ram). So the workaround to completely get rid of the double picture does not work at all anymore since that version.

There might be a another previous build that also affects this in some way, and that's why the workaround might not work with the version just before the fix.

Anyways, technically this is not a bug, this is how the game looks. So i don't know if or when somebody will create a new workaround.

Cvzxd

(06-05-2016, 12:18 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the latest drivers installed for your AMD GPU?
I have a old enough mobile gpu and latest driver for it is just before 16.0.
(06-05-2016, 08:05 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Also are you using OpenGL or Direct3D? DX11/12 works better with AMD.
I tried all of this, i know that dx11 works better.
(06-05-2016, 08:15 PM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]I think the wiki entry is wrong. When the bug was "fixed", the effect was made to work with efb to texture only. Before that, it only worked with when you disabled efb to texture only(disable efb to texture only = efb to ram). So the workaround to completely get rid of the double picture does not work at all anymore since that version.

There might be a another previous build that also affects this in some way, and that's why the workaround might not work with the version just before the fix.

Anyways, technically this is not a bug, this is how the game looks. So i don't know if or when somebody will create a new workaround.
Thanks for explanation!

P.S. I managed to make it work with good fps on dolphin 3.5, but when i enabe "EFB to texture"
brush screen looks like this (not my screenshot)::
Is there any solution?
Such old releases are not supported anymore.

Cvzxd

You mean Dolphin release? Yes, i know, but, if i understand correctly, its only way to remove filter.
Yeah, but don't really expect to receive help with old builds like that because one, many of us won't even bother looking or knowing anything about old builds like that and two, it'll discourage users from using crappy builds like that if nobody will help them.

So, you can use those old builds, but just know that you're very much on your own.

Cvzxd

I tested a bit, and looks like in dolphin 3.0 - 4.01 (or 02, can't remember correctly) filter can be removed, but it bugs brush screen. 4.02 - 4.0 r5557 (just before changes to efb) wiki method works, but game looks like on screenshot.
Isn't there any way to play without filter? Maybe something like 2.0 release?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯