Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ATI Radeon 5850
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thinking of picking up this card. Anyone try it with Dolphin? It's the new Directx 11 card.

Can't see why it wouldn't work so I thought I'd ask.

Waffles

Keep your current video card, and buy a better CPU perhaps? ATI's 5850 in my eyes is just overkill unless you are an "extreme" or "avid" gamer playing demanding games and such Crysis, Red Faction, RE5, SF4 etc.
You don't that much power for dolphin Tongue
I'm thinking ahead for other games like "Modern Warfare 2" and "Assassin's Creed II" coming out this November.

Just want to make sure my new card is Dolphin approved.
5850 is the best bang for the buck atm , so go go go for It ( lucky bastard ^^ )
the 5870 is great i would highly recommend IT!!!! no performance issues with red fraction gurellia like i use to have with 2 gtx 260. great bang for the buck conisdering its a $375 card that outperforms a $600-500GTX 295. get everycard u get from xfx, best Fing warranties out there. very cool graphics card, alot cooler than ud expect for such a powerful gpu.

not depending on ur cpu, ram, and motherboard setup u may get high performnace than gtx 295. reviewers were gettting 15500 average for gpu in 3dmark vantage and even if they overclocked they got near 16000. i got 17095 on gpu oc for me so depending on ur setup, ull outperfom the gtx 295. i dont know why i got higher than the many reviewers review the graphics card but oh well.
nice motherboard you have there ^^
Just went home and bought me the new 5870 ! Gonna test a little and report soon ...

Of course everybody should know that this will have no impact on dolphin , but anyways , as long as this thread exists ,i will report my pov on my upgrade ( nvidia 9800gx2 to ati 5870) ^^

gizmomelb

I suspect my upgrade next week from a socket 939 AMD Opteron 165 CPU with 512MB nVidia 8800GTS video card to a Phenom II 550BE CPU (hopefully I can unlock the extra cores and overclock to 3.8GHz) and ATI 5850 will make a huge difference to how Dolphin performs for me (hopefully a LOT less slowdowns Tongue )

and yes waffles, I'm looking at being able to play such games as Crysis: Warhead, Red Faction, RE5, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2 etc. (at native 1920x1080 resolution on my new Benq G2420HD LCD monitor). My current 17" CRT monitor supports a maximum resolution of 1024x768 (!)
Ok so my 5870 is a real bomb , everything set to very high in crysis and igot like 60-70 fps , RE5 90FPS with Antialiasing , I just discovered the power of my machine once again !

I can only thanks ATi for the stability and the efficiency of their drivers( wich used to Suck big time a while ago ^^) !

This new 5870 can eat everything you throw at it , with very high res and Antialiasing ! I love it !
Pages: 1 2