Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Melee is getting massive lag spikes every once in a while.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LeBestMemer

I've been trying to get Dolphin working with Melee for a while now, but it's dropping fps to around 15 fps every once in a while. After 30 seconds of lag, it goes back to 55-60 fps. I've tried using a bunch of different versions of Dolphin, but none of them have helped. Why is this happening?
Other games like Windwaker are running absolutely fine.
(06-04-2016, 11:05 PM)LeBestMemer Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried using a bunch of different versions of Dolphin, but none of them have helped.

Does that include the newest development version?

LeBestMemer

(06-04-2016, 11:08 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Does that include the newest development version?
No, I never use in development versions.

Trying that now.

LeBestMemer

It's still happening even with the dev version.
It's playing fine in game, but it randomly goes down to 15 fps for a bit, then goes back to normal.
That sounds like overheating or something along those lines. Something is causing GPU/CPU output to be lower for a while, which makes the game lag, and the only things I can think of causing that would be a background process stealing CPU/GPU or throttling of some sort.