Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DirectX 11 problems in Dolphin development builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm playing Twilight Princess in Dolphin. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 x64
Intel Core i7-4710HQ @ 2.50GHz
Intel HD Graphics 4600
DDR3 8120 MBytes

Plays fine (at first) in the latest stable build, 4.0.2. Problem is, the game ini hasn't been updated and so I can't use the Hyrule Field Speed Hack (https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t..._Slow_Down). Need to use the hack to make the game bearable. And more generally I think the more recent development build perform better.

So OK, I try out two development builds. One is 4.0-1767, the first which has the hack. Second is 4.0-9392. Whenever I try to use DirectX 11 (much better than OpenGL for a few reasons), I start Twilight Princess and Dolphin (both builds) immediately crashes. It says I need to update DX 11. Woefully, my DX 11 is up to date (and runs fine in 4.0.2).

Any ideas about what is going on?

EDIT: If it matters, when I play on 4.0-9392 and use OpenGL, the minimap isn't loading. Nothing on the game page (https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ncess_(GC)) that indicates why.

EDIT2: Another strange thing. Just a moment ago, I was playing on 4.0-9392 with OpenGL and the hack enabled, and I was in Hyrule Field with 30 FPS. I switched the hack off (restarting Dolphin as well) to see what would happen, and I was down to 5 FPS (with 30 FPS in non-Field areas). Now when I switched the hack back on, I'm still at 5 FPS in the Field. Not asking for help with all these incidents, just including them in case it helps.
Make sure your drivers and OS are up to date. That's the issue 9/10 considering you have a pretty standard system. Make sure your internal resolution isn't set to anything insane (I wouldn't go above 2x on that GPU)

If all else fails, try closing dolphin and deleting dolphin.ini and gfx.ini in Documents/Dolphin Emulator/config/

For your second edit, sounds like you're using savestates. Savestates and AR codes don't play nicely. Also make sure you have cheats enabled in Config.
Windows 7 is up to date. Do you think I should try upgrading to Windows 10? Drivers are all up to date. Internal resolution is 1x.

Deleting the .ini files didn't work.

Even if I don't use the savestate, it doesn't work. I believe the speed hack is a patch of the game, not a cheat, but either way yeah cheats are enabled.
Check the Intel Drivers page, they recently released new drivers.
(06-05-2016, 11:30 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Check the Intel Drivers page, they recently released new drivers.

Yeah so I downloaded and ran the Intel driver update utility. It said there is a new generic driver but my Toshiba laptop runs custom Toshiba drivers. So I went to the Toshiba website and looked at the Intel drivers for my laptop. Strangely, the driver they have there is actually older than the one I have on my laptop.
Get your drivers directly from Intel, extract them somewhere and install through the Device Manager ("Have Disk" method, Google it) to bypass this "generic driver" bullshit those OEMs had been pushing recently...
Installed the latest Intel (generic) driver. No dice, still getting the Dolphin error.
Check your Windows install for issues. Run command prompt with admin privileges and run the command sfc /scannow
(06-09-2016, 04:27 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Check your Windows install for issues. Run command prompt with admin privileges and run the command sfc /scannow

No integrity violations found.
Any other thoughts? Should I go nuclear and do factory reset? And/or install Windows 10?
Pages: 1 2