Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess GC-version horrible bloom and lag (30fps)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

I recently started playing TP Game Cube version on the Dolphin emulator ver. 4.0-8443 and for the most part it works pretty good it's just that I get the horrible bloom effect when entering the twilight world. How can I remove the bloom? I am also experiencing some minor lag even though my FPS is constant at 30 FPS without any drops what so ever. What could be the cause?

I'm playing on a Geforce 780, Intel i5 2500K and 8 GB of ram.

Settings I use:

-D3D
-Internal Res: x3
-AA: 4X MSAA
-AF: 4x
-Scaled EFB Copy
-Force texture filtering

-External Fram Buffering Disabled
-Store EFB Copies to texture only
-Fast Depth Calculation Enabled
-Disable Bounding Box
Bloom is a known issue at higher resolutions. There's an AR code somewhere that can get rid of it.
If you right-click on Twilight princess in Dolphins game list, make sure you have the Twilight speed hack enabled, as it might fix the lag.
(06-02-2016, 05:16 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Bloom is a known issue at higher resolutions. There's an AR code somewhere that can get rid of it.
If you right-click on Twilight princess in Dolphins game list, make sure you have the Twilight speed hack enabled, as it might fix the lag.

Is it the "Speed up disc transfer rate" you are talking about? Or is it the Hyrule Speed Hack?
(06-02-2016, 05:21 AM)Temongol Wrote: [ -> ]Is it the "Speed up disc transfer rate" you are talking about? Or is it the Hyrule Speed Hack?

It's the Hyrule Field Speed Hack. Enabling Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate would hurt the performance slightly, not help.
(06-02-2016, 05:32 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It's the Hyrule Field Speed Hack. Enabling Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate would hurt the performance slightly, not help.

Thank you. I tried adding the No Bloom AR code but it did nothing. I named the code No Bloom Effects [Ralf] and I inserted this code in the field below: 4009650 4E800020. Still blurry as hell though. Any ideas?
Config > Enable cheats

Then boot ZTP and load a save file normally. Don't use a save state to load in. As far as I know the code won't take effect until you boot normally
(06-02-2016, 06:42 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Config > Enable cheats

Then boot ZTP and load a save file normally. Don't use a save state to load in. As far as I know the code won't take effect until you boot normally

I did that already. I didn't work as far as I could tell.

I also suffer from flickering when playing in fullscreen mode, what can I do to prevent this?
Not mentioned yet, but you should use the OpenGl backend for NVidia cards.  Not D3D
nvidia performs fine on both tbh, just a bit better on OGL.

You may be able to fix your flickering with Graphics > Advanced > borderless fullscreen or disable exclusive fullscreen. I forgot what the option is called.
(06-02-2016, 07:42 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Not mentioned yet, but you should use the OpenGl backend for NVidia cards.  Not D3D

I've changed it now. Anything else I should (un)check?

Finally got the Bloom Hack to work! Will I miss anything but not using bloom btw? Like some clues or anything.
Pages: 1 2