Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I load a .dol translation file(for Tales of Graces)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
After much frustration with trying to get Dolphin working with Tales of Graces(I had to downgrade to a stable release) I finally got it running. However, because the game is Japanese I need an english translation. I found a .dol file with an english translation, which is to be used with USB Loader GX(homebrew software on the Wii). How would I go about loading this .dol on Dolphin? Whenever I just open the .dol file with Dolphin I'm met with a black screen. I asked the same question on the Dolphin subreddit, and I was told that it might be possible to "Open..." the .dol, but the option for doing so is greyed out while emulating the game.
Thank you in advance.
Using "Open..." is the same as just opening the file, and you can't do it while a game is already running.

Is the translation only a DOL file? Many game mods that are launched as a Wii executable also include other files that need to be placed on an SD card.
(05-29-2016, 10:06 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Using "Open..." is the same as just opening the file, and you can't do it while a game is already running.

Is the translation only a DOL file? Many game mods that are launched as a Wii executable also include other files that need to be placed on an SD card.

Yep. It's just a .rar file with a .dol inside.
This is the video I got it from, IIRC.
https://youtu.be/40kuq5Uyyv8
That dol is meant to be used with wiiscrubber and merged into iso
also version 0.8 of patch which u linked is for olld original version of disc , for "bugfixed version" if u have and u can check on back of ur disc casing u require 0.4 patch
If the translation is distributed as a DOL file (rather than a proper patch), it's an illegal distribution of Namco Bandai's IP. Closing.