Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Asking for the specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys! I have to replace my tv pc, a Asus vivo pc, and i want somethings that can be able to run wii games (like wii sports and super mario kart wii) at 720p.

It have to be cheap, so i've looking for a intel pentium g4400 (skylake with intel graphics 510) and 8GB ram DDR4.

What do you think? I can run wii games whit those specs?

I can't add a gpu because i have to insert this pc in an old Nes case.

Thanks for the answers!
Eh. The CPU will be more than fine but that Skylake GPU is even weaker than last gen's Haswell GPUs. And those suckers struggle at anything above 1.5x internal resolution for many games.

In that form factor you're not going to find many options. Your only other option that would sort of work is an AMD APU but their CPUs are so bad with performance you're going to have a pretty bad time with a lot of games.

If you can go a bit bigger, you can probably do a mini ITX build.
Yes i know, but i want a pc in that nes because my wife finally agree to place it on the tv stand.

Maybe i can upgrade to a g4500 or a i3-6100 with intel hd graphics 530.
Better, but still not something you're going to have a consistent experience with at 2x internal resolution.

Intel GPUs are generally not recommended if you can avoid it, otherwise we just tell users to stick to 1x or 1.5x IR for mostly consistent performance.
Mmm... i have to search if i can put in a low profile 950 or wait for the new APUs.
Alienware Alpha (i3-4130T @ 2.9GHz + GTX 860M ) is not expensive and you can use its components in NES case or even smaller case
http://www.amazon.com/Alienware-ASM100-1...B00MA7AMKY
$470 for new one and $350 for used one
It can run most games at 1080p
Yeah, but i live in italy and here that things are hard to find, new or used.
I have, maybe, found a way to put in a dedicaded graphics card! Big Grin

I add a 950, with a little bit of OC, or have to wait the new generation of nvidia for better performance?
Personally, I'd wait for Polaris or Pascal to have something at that price point, but that could be quite a while away, so it may not be a good idea in your situation.
They just want something for emulation, I doubt they need to wait for an entirely new chipset.

Especially considering we don't recommend AMD GPUs for obvious reasons.

OP, that will be fine even without an overclock.
Pages: 1 2