Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Single Board Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are the chances of Dolphin working on a single board computer, like the quad core version of UDOO? Udoo.org
Technically it will run, even right now, but it won't probably be playable with most games. The site doesn't indicate which Intel quad core CPU it is, so I cannot be more precise than that. But when you consider the price difference between it and a normal PC, you can guess there's probably going to be a gap in performance too.
I want to play xenoblade on it.
It will run like slowmotion movie
For that price , they probably use Intel SOC (either the Pentium N3710 Quad Core or Atom x7 Z8750 Quad Core ) . These Quad Core SOC are crap , slower than most dual core nowadays
@OP To run most games well on a mobile device , you need to have i5 6300HQ at least
Depends on the single core performance of that intel chip, but I can't imagine the GPU being anymore powerful than Intel's conventional iGPUs, or even as powerful, so it'll probably cry even at 1x IR

EDIT: Oh wait it's passively cooled never mind. There's no way it's efficient enough to have single core perf worth caring about.
I dont think it has an intel chip
Quote:I dont think it has an intel chip
Then what is this :
Spoiler:
Whatever chip it has . For that kind of price , you will never be able to run Dolphin well on it
The fastest SOC is Nvidia Tegra X1 , yet it's only able to run a few light-weight games , most games are unplayable
The odroid xu4 has a fan on it and there are youtube videos of people emulating the psx on it.
a psx isn't a GC/Wii.
PSX (via FPSE ) is ridiculously weak . Same as N64(MegaN64) , PSP (PPSSPP), it can be emulated on a weak smartphone
My sister has a Nvidia Tegra 3 @ 1.7GHz which is much slower than my Snapdragon 600/800 phone and it can run just fine
Pages: 1 2