Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - Higher Res Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MichaelA

Hey all! A few days ago I started porting over textures from the Wii U version of Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge to the Wii version. I've done as much as I could up to Rock Bottom, including re-texturing the characters, and it makes the game feel almost exactly like the Wii U version (if you have the controls set up right). Currently there are 73 textures replaced.

Screenshots:
Higher Res first, default second.
For better comparison, larger / better quality screenshots can be found here.

Spoiler:
No download, as it violates copyright. HOWEVER, there will be a how-to video soon so you can do it yourself - don't worry, it's not too hard!

I want to do more - potentially the whole game - but Dolphin doesn't seem to be dumping everything no matter the version. There's still some textures it's not dumping, usually the backgrounds. Anybody know how I can fix this? I tried dumping the files manually, but there's only proprietary .wii files(custom archive files,  I assume). Cheers, feedback appreciated as this is my first retexture!
Did you recreate the textures in the wii u style, or did you dump them from the wii u game and use them 1:1? Copying them would put this website in a bad position.

MichaelA

(05-27-2016, 02:39 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]Did you recreate the textures in the wii u style, or did you dump them from the wii u game and use them 1:1? Copying them would put this website in a bad position.

Uh-oh! Yeah, I was using the files from the Wii U game. I apologize if that's against the rules, I didn't really think about the potential copyright issues with sharing, I was doing it for fun. I took the download link down for now in the meantime. If it's against the rules, I'll try and re-create my own textures for the game, using my limited knowledge of Inkscape.
I'll leave this thread open since none of the infringing material is here.
You could always provide instructions to help users do what you've done with the wii u assets, they'd just have to dump it themselves.

MichaelA

(05-27-2016, 03:34 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]You could always provide instructions to help users do what you've done with the wii u assets, they'd just have to dump it themselves.

Sure, no problem! It's a similar way to how you'd do it in Dolphin. Once I get definitive feedback on if im allowed to post the link. If I can't, I'll show you!
I'm wondering if I can post a Youtube video up, with downloads in the YT description. Would that be allowed?
(05-27-2016, 03:52 AM)MichaelA Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if I can post a Youtube video up, with downloads in the YT description. Would that be allowed?

Downloads to the Wii U textures? For this website, if we linked to your YT video, we'd still be linking to copyrighted material, so no. Just a video describing how to dump the Wii U textures is fine though.

MichaelA

(05-27-2016, 03:05 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Downloads to the Wii U textures? For this website, if we linked to your YT video, we'd still be linking to copyrighted material, so no. Just a video describing how to dump the Wii U textures is fine though.

Sure! I'll go ahead and make a video later for you guys.