Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker HD Textures And Lighting Mod!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone!! I introduce you to Project WWHDM! We Are Creating An Even Better WindWaker HD for Dolphin That Everyone Will be Able To Play! I Came Up with Idea while
Playing Some WindWaker Myself and Messing Around With Bloom Settings, and as a Result : 1.0 was Made! After awhile on this project, i invited Some Team Members and Here We Are now! ^-^

The Features Our Mod Currently Has Are :

Better Resolution than Wii U, Up to 8k if desired!
Fast Sail (ofc)
Same Lighting Engine As WWHD
Even Better and More Noticable HD Textures
Second Set Of Items to toggle Between
And Even More Coming soon!!!

Hopefully everyone will enjoy this as much as I did making it ^3^

Here Are Some Gameplay Videos/Trailers Of The Mod in Action!!

V1.5 Alpha Official Screenshots :

And Finally KORL and link have their Official HD Textures! ^-^

Changelog will Also Be Included in the Download inside of README.txt
Also All Versions of the mod will be archived here so they will be easy to find and i have several mirrors ready in case of site host removal (cuz copyright)
Remember the Current Newest Release is Always in RED!!
And Download links will be updated here regularly as updates are released ^-^

1.0 beta pre-release (149mb)

[removed]

1.1 Stable Release (769mb)

[removed]

1.2 Stable FIX Version (769.1mb)

[removed]

1.3 Stable Version (771.9mb)

[removed]

1.4 Beta Version (773.5mb)

[removed]

1.5 Alpha Version (2.76gb)

[removed]

1.6 Release Final (2.59gb)

[removed]

1.6 Updater Release

[removed]

Okay, ima be recruiting some team members to help me with the project If they are interested.all you have to do is pm one of the Current Team Members asking to be part of Team WWHDM and tell me what you can do,and you can be part of the development team! ^-^

Current Developers on team WWHDM (And What they Do) :
Alex S (me/Creator)
Andres Celano (Tutorial Maker/Gameplay Video Creator)
Sliter (localization/Translation)
MightyPickle (New OST)
McdGray129 (GFX/SFX and Lighting)
ENJOY!!!

And please feel free to leave any feedback you like!
ALSO if you have any ideas of your own make sure to let the Team know! And if there is an issue or bug with the mod we will be more than happy to fix it,and if you come up with a workaround before that let me know as well, we appreciate any Criticism or Reviews!

And with that I leave you with the mod :3
Why are there no screenshots or videos? And how can a brand new project have multiple releases?
Screenshots???
Uh how are you going to implement WW HD shadows on the GC version?
What's "Second Set Of Items to toggle Between"? How are you implementing "Same Lighting Engine As WWHD"? Why are you listing "Better Resolution than Wii U, Up to 8k if desired!" as a mod feature when it's a Dolphin feature? And most importantly, why isn't a single developer listed as working on retexturing? Did you take all the textures from somewhere else, or what?

I would also like to remind you to read the license of Dolphin/Ishiiruka before redistributing it. You're not including or linking to the source code in any way right now, which is illegal.
Looks like it was posted to this other forum too a few days ago.
We found the original post of this on GBAtemp, and downloaded it and did some analysis.

1. This uses Ishiiruka and not Dolphin, and relies on Ishiiruka effects instead of pure game modification.
2. This is not "the same lighting engine as WWHD", it uses Ishiiruka bloom effects to terrible results!
3. This mod uses the texture upscaler in Ishiiruka for most of it's "HD" quality textures.
4. How interesting that this HD Textures mod team has no one to improve HD Textures on it...

So most of the things happening here is adjusting some knobs in Ishiiruka and some AR codes, and packaging them and calling it an HD mod. Yay!

Now, onto the bigger things...

1. This redistributed an Ishiiruka binary without a link to the source code, which is a violation of Dolphin's GPL license.
2. You used textures from MasterKillua's Wind Waker HD mod without attribution or permission, which is not ok. Confirmed via MD5 hashes.

You are violating not only Dolphin's license, but also the work of at least one HD mod artist. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE! All links to the mod are removed, this thread is closed, and you are banned indefinitely.