Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: On Windows 10, but Stuck at DX11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm currently on Windows 10 pro, which should have support for DirectX 12, although Dolphin would seem to disagree.  I've heard that as of around November 2015, NVIDIA fermi graphics cards (including my 560 ti) would also support it, but the latest version of Dolphin (4.0-9386) says that D3D12 won't initialized, followed by a message reporting that the video backend failed (below).  My graphics card driver is up to date (365.19), as is my operating system.  
[attachment=14695][attachment=14696]
I've tried this on a few other Dolphin versions, including Ishiiruka (which basically just crashes upon confirming D3D12) and the earlier Dolphin version (4.0-9237) which gives a warning upon even selecting the backend (image 3).  After this, starting the game on the older version produces a similar (though not identical) error message to the newer one's.  
[attachment=14697]
Specs for my system and rig can be found on both the image below and on my profile.  Oddly enough, despite having a GPU new enough for D3D12, the D3D API is still 11 (the dxdiag troubleshooter lists it at 11.3).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
[attachment=14698]
nvidia has confimed support for 6xx and up. They "promised" 4xx and 5xx support eventually (I'm guessing with partial support) but it hasn't landed in drivers yet.

Since you're on nvidia, use OpenGL for now. You'll have very good performance there.
Thanks!
They probably drop it . This is probably the reason :
Spoiler:
What pisses me off is NVIDIA still claiming DX12 support on the tech specs of all Fermi cards even through there's no driver with DX12 support available. If they've dropped DX12 support for Fermi, at least make an official statement and remove DX12 references in Fermi-based cards tech specs...