Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any specific settings regarding testing/benchmarking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Timmy-P7

Hello, first-time poster, go easy, and all that stuff.

I'm considering going through all of the games that doesn't have a test environment submission over in the wiki and uploading videos for the pages, but I'm wondering if there's any variables I should take into consideration when testing these games; are there any graphics settings I should enable or disable? I haven't found recommendations specifically regarding testing/benchmarking yet, so if someone could point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.
You mean, you'd like to test games and add testing entries in the wiki? I think you can test with any settings you want; the most important thing would be to indicate what (important) settings you used. And for videos, same, you're basically just documenting if/how things worked, if you had any issues with setting X enabled or disabled, etc.
If you're doing this for the wiki: I recommend starting with default settings and then trying to figure out if any issues are caused by not having a setting. If you find any, report it to the wiki + bug-tracker so that proper settings can be added to the ini.