Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Artifacting in certain games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It doesn't do this on the stable version or with openGL. I just really need to use Direct3d11 and the development version runs faster. It doesn't do this on any other games. I have attached screenshots below. Now please don't say "use openGL because my computer is too slow for that. The OEM driver doesn't have this issue but the generic version runs faster because the OEM driver was made before he stone age (not literally). I am on a laptop that has everything maxed out and I can still upgrade the hard drive but that will definitely not fix anything. Any suggestions? (I have already asked about this but I put it in the development thread thinking it was for help with it)
Please help someone. I can't use direct3d9 on the latest stable because of the issues it has with emulation
There is no D3D9 backend any more, we've dropped it quite soon after the 4.0 release.

But good luck, this is a GPU driver issue. There is a good chance that updating your GPU driver will fix it. Or a downgrade :/
It's normal for Intel HD user . Intel has the worst graphic driver in the entire planet . The older Intel HD you use the more graphic issue you have
Make sure your Intel graphic driver is up to date . Other than that , there is probably nothing you can do to fix it unless buying a another laptop that has discrete Nvidia/AMD GPU
I'm referring to this: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-4-...les-in-d3d , another Intel HD 4000 user was asking the same question some weeks ago.

Short answer (and a small correction to admin89's reply): Intel HD 4000 (4600 and newer are fixed) has buggy Intel drivers, that apparently were never fixed and are the reason for your D3D(11) artifacts. There is a workaround that has not (and might never be) been applied to Dolphin master branch, but compiling your own Dolphin version is possible with a Windows (7-10) machine (though it requires installing Visual Studio 2015 with some extras, free community edition is sufficient).
There is a semi-recent version with the workaround linked in the other thread. I'll probably make an updated version after Dolphin 5.0, but linking/sharing these non-official builds are disencouraged in the forum rules, so I'm not going to advertise them any more than necessary.
(05-12-2016, 03:23 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]There is no D3D9 backend any more, we've dropped it quite soon after the 4.0 release.

But good luck, this is a GPU driver issue. There is a good chance that updating your GPU driver will fix it. Or a downgrade :/

I meant that I didn't want to use it.

Thanks TurboK and admin89. I will try the workaround. Degasus, I understand that you were trying to help but misread and that is ok. I am saving up for a new laptop but I don't think that it would hurt to use my Mac mini for dolphin now and hope they add support for metal. Also, what is the workaround?
Last time i check , Ishiruka still uses dx9
you can dl it here
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...#pid408801
Though it's neither faster nor more stable than the official Dolphin and we don't support it . So keep that in mind
Ishiiruka dropped D3D9.
(05-13-2016, 01:47 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Ishiiruka dropped D3D9.

Really? When did that happen?
It seems that Ishiiruka build 661 still supports D3D9. I am currently using that build and I still see D3D9 being available. Weird... It did not get removed after all? Build 661 is the latest (10 may, 2016). There are 5 backends: D3D11, D3D12, D3D9, OpenGL and Software Renderer. The Ishiiruka thread still mentions that it supports D3D9 as an important feature.
Pages: 1 2