Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: D3D12 stops respoding after a while
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's really annoying, but after about 30 minutes of playthrough, I have to click my mouse to resume gameplay or else it just freezes and stops responding to any input.  This is only with the D3D12 backend. 
I switched to D3D12 for a lengthy netplay session and didn't run into this (or at least I don't think I did?)

Can you tell me more about what's going on? Is the computer going into standby?
This is a double post but, I feel like it's a separate thing to note:

I have a lot of random driver crashes in D3D12, so, maybe it's related to that?
Which nvidia driver are you using? And I'm not getting any crashes or anything, just that the game would suddenly freeze with the cursor visible. Won't respond to any inputs until I click on the mouse and then the cursor would disappear and everything would continue like normal.
Sounds like it's losing focus.
I already tried checking "keep window on top" so I don't think losing focus is the issue.
That can still allow the window to lose focus. It just won't let the window be visually overlapped by anything.
Yeah; you should see if background input causes you to not lose control.
BTW, how do you go on a lengthy netplay session with Dolphin? Also, what games are popular in the netplay scene?
I've been playing Tales of Symphonia over netplay as of recent. Kirby Air Ride, Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, And the Mario Party games are the popular ones though.