Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Constantly at 15 FPS with high audio stuttering, although I think it should work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Walrusboy

Running Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor: Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit

Two video cards are listed in my device manager:
Intel HD Graphics 4000
&
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX

As for games I've tried playing, I've only tried Ty 2 and The Incredible (a few nostalgia childhood games) but neither worked well enough to be playable.
Is this powerful enough? Anything I try always ends up with ~15 frames and stuttering audio. Any help?
First thing to try: Config > framelimit. Make sure it's set to auto.

Second thing: Upgrade to the latest development build. 4.0.2 is a two and a half year old trash fire.
Something is really wrong, my laptop is almost identical to yours (except by the weaker GPU) and it can handle my entire game library at constant 30/60 FPS and at least 2x IR without issues...
Quote:Is this powerful enough?
For most games ? Yes if your laptop does not overheat when gaming and CPU speed must be higher than 3.0GHz , the dedicated Nvidia must be used , not the Intel HD 4000
For more info about how to config your laptop , you can find it here
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should
Btw , You should update to Windows 10 via windows update . DX12 is much faster than whatever backend you're using right now

Walrusboy

(05-09-2016, 01:33 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]First thing to try: Config > framelimit. Make sure it's set to auto.

Second thing: Upgrade to the latest development build. 4.0.2 is a two and a half year old trash fire.

Just updated. Still getting the same. Sad
Is vsync on? Turn it off in both Dolphin and drivers