Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Force Cubivore to save the game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

shawly

Hi,

so after I tried to save on Cubivore it said, "The Memory Card in Slot A is not the same one you started with.", but it was the same memcard.
I use savestates too and I always make sure to make a savestate everytime the game saves, my savegame was at 15 mutations, then I played for a while and got to 24 mutations and killed the boss, after that it asked me if I wanted to save but like I said above, it doesn't work and I have no idea why...

I already tried changing the slot 1 to none and then change it back to memorycard but it still won't save.. I also deleted the saves without making backups Dodgy. I still have the savestates though.

Is there any way I can force Cubivore to save the game with a cheat code or something?
Or can I replicate the old saves serial or timestamp or whatever Cubivore needs to verify a save, so I can save again?
The best way to not get problems like this is to not rely on savestates.

shawly

(05-09-2016, 03:20 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The best way to not get problems like this is to not rely on savestates.

I will keep this in mind, thanks..

shawly

(05-09-2016, 03:54 AM)Lumbeeslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend using the GCI folder instead of memory cards in Dolphin, your shouldn't have any issues with save states if you do.

I haven't mentioned it, but I did use GCI folders..
Why would that make any difference? And indeed, OP confirms that it doesn't change anything.

Not sure a cheat code exists to turn off the check. I forgot the save order but I think you should always make a savestate *after* you save in-game to avoid issues. (Please correct me if it is the reverse)

EDIT: and of course, use in-game saves! Don't delete them. Savestates and NOT replacements for normal saves.