Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Proper settings for 2k or 4k with 980ti?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

wtd03

I am trying to run new super mario bros and sm galaxay 2

I am on a 4k tv. I tried the 4k settings and getting alot of audio stutter.

What should my settings be for smooth 4k in these games or at least 60fps 1440p?

Specs 980ti, 4790k, 32 gig ram, windows 10, latest dev build
huh.

You shouldn't be getting stutter with that build. Close Dolphin and try resetting your configuration to default (Go into the Dolphin Emulator > Config folder in Documents, delete Dolphin.ini)

Then open Dolphin, go to Graphics, set the backend to Direct3D 12, make sure v-sync is turned OFF. Click on the Enhancements tab, and set the Internal Resolution to 4k. If that works fine, fiddle with the other settings in Enhancements as you see fit.

wtd03

(05-07-2016, 09:35 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]huh.

You shouldn't be getting stutter with that build. Close Dolphin and try resetting your configuration to default (Go into the Dolphin Emulator > Config folder in Documents, delete Dolphin.ini)

Then open Dolphin, go to Graphics, set the backend to Direct3D 12, make sure v-sync is turned OFF. Click on the Enhancements tab, and set the Internal Resolution to 4k. If that works fine, fiddle with the other settings in Enhancements as you see fit.

OK ive done what you have said and it works

The game plays but is in 4:3

When i check the use fullscreen check box the nvidia driver crashes.

If I switch to open gl it works fine full screen but then I get crazy screen tearing.

I would like to play in 4k fullscreen.
Some games are designed to be 4:3, that's just the way they are. You'd need a widescreen hack for some games although they often break things. Make sure you have Aspect Ratio in Graphics set to Auto. Only change it if a Widescreen modification from the Dolphin Wiki tells you to.

That's weird that it's crashing when you fullscreen on D3D12.

What happens if you go to Graphics, switch to Direct3D 12, then go to the Advanced tab and check Borderless Fullscreen? I'm wondering if Exclusive Fullscreen doesn't work for you for some reason, which would be unfortunate because it has some input latency decreasing benefits.
(05-07-2016, 11:28 AM)wtd03 Wrote: [ -> ]If I switch to open gl it works fine full screen but then I get crazy screen tearing.

Was Vsync enabled or disabled?

>IMO, I kinda dislike D3D12 at the moment as it tends to crash on me 3/4 times when trying to launch a game
New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are supposed to be able to run in 16:9. Make sure that the aspect ratio in the Wii tab of the config is set to 16:9.
(05-07-2016, 03:44 PM)TehGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Was Vsync enabled or disabled?

>IMO, I kinda dislike D3D12 at the moment as it tends to crash on me 3/4 times when trying to launch a game

Same here, D3D12 crashes pretty often with me too...especially when switching from one game to another.