Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin.exe - Entry Point Not Found(SOLVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ryxus

Greetings, all. Recently I tried to install the latest dev build of Dolphin. After I got the necessary files to run it (the .dlls) this message popped up.

"The procedure entry point ucrtbase.abort could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll."

I haven't the foggiest what this means, so if anyone could help me, that would be great.

Thanks.

EDIT: Figured out the problem. Didn't have VS 2015 installed. Installed that and it fixed it.
I don't recommend downloading DLLs individually off the internet. All you need is the Visual studio 2015 C++ runtimes, whiich is a 6 mb download from Microsoft.

Downloading them one by one from top google results often contain malware or are the wrong versions, which can create inexplicable bugs.
Your OS is broken if you installed things correctly and it still didn't work.
No… you (or your friend) should not be downloading random DLLs from the Internet and putting them in directories manually. Also, you don't need to install VS. Only the VS 2015 redistributables are required.
Visual Studio is an IDE. The VS redistributables are a set of libraries (DLLs on Windows) that are used by applications such as Dolphin.
I don't know precisely, but you are not going to make it work by searching those files and "installing" them manually. If the installer doesn't work, you need to fix your OS, as said previously.

Remove any DLLs you have downloaded and placed manually, make sure you have done all updates, and then try again. If it still won't work, well, I'm out of ideas.

ps: you are talking about your friend's PC, right? Because even with the VS2015 redist, recent dev builds won't run on your old PC because it doesn't support 64 bits. With old builds, I think you don't need the VS2015 redist.