Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulated Wiimote Netplay Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! I'm currently in the process of trying to play Dokapon Kingdom over Netplay.
We've managed to get the game to begin emulation and show the initial safety warning, but it won't move past the first warning on to the second warning or the main menu of the game.
We've narrowed the issue down to that of the emulated Wiimotes, as when there are no emulated wiimotes connected, and only gamecube controllers, the game progresses to the main menu.
However, the game requires an emulated wiimote in order to play, so we're trying to figure out what the issue is.
Just for extra clarification, I've attached our settings below.

[Image: cREkMOC]
(05-03-2016, 02:26 PM)BKxTh3Qu33N Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I'm currently in the process of trying to play Dokapon Kingdom over Netplay.
We've managed to get the game to begin emulation and show the initial safety warning, but it won't move past the first warning on to the second warning or the main menu of the game.
We've narrowed the issue down to that of the emulated Wiimotes, as when there are no emulated wiimotes connected, and only gamecube controllers, the game progresses to the main menu.
However, the game requires an emulated wiimote in order to play, so we're trying to figure out what the issue is.
Just for extra clarification, I've attached our settings below.

[Image: cREkMOC]
I have played this game online before and recall that you do need a Wii remote to get through the menu and actually set up the game. Once a game has started, you can let the Wii remote go inactive since only the Gamecube controllers need to be used during the game itself. I would just configure the controllers, before you start the netplay game, so that the host is in control of Wii remote 1 and Gamecube controller 1. Since Wii remotes aren't supported in netplay on the newest versions of Dolphin, you would need to use an earlier unsupported version such as 4.0-8059. If you want to be able to save your game to resume later, you would need to go back to version 4.0-6502 which lets you use save files in netplay.
I appreciate the help, but we can't get past the safety warnings in either of the versions you listed in your post. Essentially leaving us in the same predicament.
The Netplay Menu is now displaying Possible Desync detected on Frame 0, now.
(05-03-2016, 03:08 PM)BKxTh3Qu33N Wrote: [ -> ]The Netplay Menu is now displaying Possible Desync detected on Frame 0, now.
In what way can you not get past the menu? Does it say Wii remote disconnected or is it just that your buttons aren't doing anything? If you didn't already know, the Wii remotes are not turned on by default for netplay. Just before you start the game, you would need to turn one on. Of course, the person using the Wii remote also needs his Wii remote controls set in addition to the Gamecube controller. It's also recommended that the nunchuk is turned off. Also, while I think 8059 probably works for netplay, the only one I actually did a full game on was 6502. If it was on version 6502, the desync could have been caused from a save file difference. The players would all need to delete their save file for this game every time you start it online. Either that, or you would all need to import the same save file before starting.
We can't get past the safety warnings, that show up before the game actually loads. There aren't any saves or anything like that, we're just trying to get to the main menu of the game.
(05-03-2016, 03:41 PM)BKxTh3Qu33N Wrote: [ -> ]We can't get past the safety warnings, that show up before the game actually loads. There aren't any saves or anything like that, we're just trying to get to the main menu of the game.
I just did a test of this game myself to make sure I didn't forget anything. I notice the game needs to use single core online rather than dual core, but you must have figured that out since you say the game starts. I just don't see any reason this wouldn't work the way you currently have it set, but I need to confirm with you that you actually have been turning on the Wii remote as seen in this image.
http://i.imgur.com/j6Fj8L8.png
Yep! We had it set up that way, and it wasn't working.
(05-03-2016, 03:55 PM)BKxTh3Qu33N Wrote: [ -> ]Yep! We had it set up that way, and it wasn't working.
If you're willing, I could test the game with you right now as the host.
We disabled Wiimote netplay because it's unstable like this. You can try to use older builds (which you obviously are...) but, it's not going to end well until it's redone.
Pages: 1 2