Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Savegame with Netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hardy021

Hi !

I'm new on this forum.
I tried Dolphin with my friend, it is so great!

We played Mario Party 8 and Mario Kart Double Dash a lot and it was really fun.

But, we have a problem. The savegame doesn't work when we play together with NetPlay.
If i play alone, i can use my savegame, play the game and save. It works well.

But if i play with my friend, i can use my savegame but i can't save what we did together.
I tried with an other savegame, it's the same.

I made some search on the forum and on romstation, i also explained my problem on their forum but they can't help me.
It a little annoying because we like to play to Mario party and unlock achievement on Mario Kart ^^

Does anyone have a idea to solve this problem?

Thx a lot!
Best regards,
Hardy
That's intentional. Netplay will desync and crash if we enabled saves right now. We hope to fix that in the future, but that's just the way things are right now.

hardy021

Oh, ok ^^

If it's intentional, i understand why i got this problem with no solution nowhere ^^
Thx a lot!
If you use the old unsupported version 4.0-6502, you can play Wii games online with save files. I have actually played Mario Party 8 online using a save file that has every minigame unlocked (even though there's also a Gecko code that does that). It's worth noting that both players need to have the exact same save file or there could be a desync. As for Double Dash, I was pretty sure that you could use a Gamecube memory card online on even the newest versions of Dolphin, although like on Wii games, both players would need to have the same file.

hardy021

Hi,

i have the version 4.0-8894 x64 and it works.
As an host, in netplay, i just had to enable the "write on the savegame" option (something like that).

And it totally works with mario party 7 on GameCube Smile

I didn't notice that option before yesterday.
Thx for the help Smile
That works for GameCube games but not Wii games.