Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin gives out errors, cannot play any games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

UltimateSephiroth

Cheers anyone!

I downloaded this emulator because I saw it had quite good ratings at one emulator website. However, I can't use it at all.

I can see the main window and open most of the config screens and extra windows (you know, console and such), but Pad Settings and Wiimote Settings show this error message before crashing the emulator:

Quote:Error loading Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: can't read info

In startup, also this appears in the error log:
Quote:02:33:300 E[COMMON]: DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll: Määritettyä osaa ei löydy.

02:33:300 W[CONSOLE]: PluginInfo: Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll is not a valid Dolphin plugin. Ignoring.
02:33:301 E[COMMON]: DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: Määritettyä osaa ei löydy.

02:33:301 W[CONSOLE]: PluginInfo: Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll is not a valid Dolphin plugin. Ignoring.
02:33:304 E[COMMON]: DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_VideoDX9.dll: Määritettyä osaa ei löydy.

02:33:305 W[CONSOLE]: PluginInfo: Plugins/Plugin_VideoDX9.dll is not a valid Dolphin plugin. Ignoring.
02:33:370 E[COMMON]: DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_Wiimote.dll: Määritettyä osaa ei löydy.

02:33:370 W[CONSOLE]: PluginInfo: Plugins/Plugin_Wiimote.dll is not a valid Dolphin plugin. Ignoring.
"Määritettyä osaa ei löydy." is Finnish and is roughly "The specified part/piece cannot be found." I have no idea why it appears in Finnish, but I checked and all those three files are in the Plugins folder.

When I try to launch a game, this appears on the error log (with the corresponding error pop-ups):
Quote:02:48:329 E[*]: Warning: Error loading Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: can't read info
02:49:445 E[*]: Warning: Can't init any PAD Plugins
02:50:329 E[*]: Warning: Couldn't init the core.
Check your configuration.

The contents of the file "exceptioninfo.txt", generated by the program:
Quote:Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
Dolphin!0x00643365 : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:

I tried both SVN 3661 and SVN 3972 versions, which both do the same. I'm trying to run it portably, the files being at C:\Users\Tomi\Downloads\Dolphin\. I'm running a Finnish version of MS Vista Home Premium with SP1 installed.

E: I rushed to make the thread for the problem and only after that read the other threads... is this caused by the lack of The DirectX March 2009 Runtime, as stated in here?
1) Get a new build: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2332.html (if you have a 64 bit system get x64 build)
2) Install everything from here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4.html
Install the Service Pack2 and update your Graphic Drivers.

UltimateSephiroth

Okay, it's working perfectly now (apart from the low FPS caused by adequate hardware, but I can live with that). Thanks!