Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't get those Custom Textures to Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

renious

I've done everything

I've checked Load Custom Textures
I've made sure my to put everything with the correct matching IDs and saved them at C:\Users\Meghan\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures

Even when I watch those videos showing someone installing their own texture packs step by step and I'm still going wrong somehow!

No matter what I do, nothing works!
Help a homie out

Also this is like my first post I have no idea if this is the right place to be posting this so sorry if its not yall.
Did you install the latest dev build over a 4.0.2 (or older) install path? Because that can cause issues.
Which games is this happening in?
Did you verify that your MD5 values from your game dumps are correct?
Are the texture packs unzipped?
Are there any pending Windows updates?
Do you have the latest drivers for your CPU/GPU installed?
Did you create a "portable.txt" file in your Dolphin.exe directory? This would cause Dolphin to look in that folder instead of at the Global directory where you have your textures.

renious

(04-30-2016, 03:34 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Did you install the latest dev build over a 4.0.2 (or older) install path? Because that can cause issues.
Which games is this happening in?
Did you verify that your MD5 values from your game dumps are correct?
Are the texture packs unzipped?
Are there any pending Windows updates?
Do you have the latest drivers for your CPU/GPU installed?
Did you create a "portable.txt" file in your Dolphin.exe directory? This would cause Dolphin to look in that folder instead of at the Global directory where you have your textures.

I just updated to the newest version (4.0-9267).  My texture packs are unzipped.  I'm not sure MD5 values are or what the portable.txt could you please explain?

Thanks
MD5: MD5 is a "hash" that could be used for a checksum. In Dolphin, go to the game properties (rightclick -> Properties), select tab "Info" and press the "Compute"-Button. Then it should calculate the hash for that game. Then copy that string of numbers and letters into google and see if there any results from dumping-pages (gametdb.com or deump.org)
This way you are sure your game dump is fine.

If there is the file "portable.txt" in the same folder as the dolphin executable, it uses the "User" folder (in the same folder as the executable) instead, like in the pre-4.0-Versions. What KHg8m3r means is that you should check if such file is there, because you put it into the global folder where Dolphin would look in the "User" folder, where, of course, the textures weren't. Just delete that file if you find it.

What is the game you are trying to get the textures work for? By the way, it should go under Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures\<GAMEID>\. You can find the <GAMEID> in the game properties -> Info under "Game ID".