Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mega Lag Issues MH3T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My gaming laptop is broken, I'm (still) waiting for a replacement CPU, so I'm stuck with a machine one of the tech guys at work let me have for free. It's got an i5 2540M, 8GBs of RAM, and Intel HD 3000. It can run my dumped Brawl ISO flawlessly, but I bought a copy of Monster Hunter Tri at a Gamestop not too long ago, dumped it, and there's so much lag that I have to turn the settings to the minimum to get a stable 30 (no vsync), and even then it drops to 24FPS when a boss fight starts. What should I set the deterministic dual core to? I'm going to try to use Dolphin 3.5 because it runs (everything) faster, but on 4 and up OpenGL won't work on this machine.

I don't want to make a million threads so I'll ask this question here and let the moderators take apropriate action, can I force Dolphin 4 to use DirectX 9 instead of 11? 9.0c is still the best when it comes to (all) games, and PCSX2 and PPSSPP both run smoother on 9.0c instead of 11.

One more: can someone provide a performance based config template for Monster Hunter Tri?
We don't support 3.5. Please run at minimum 4.0.2 or a dev release.

In your situation you have a Not Bad CPU and a Bad GPU. The latest dev releases tend to be harder on the GPU due to accuracy fixes and lighter on the CPU because of JIT optimizations, so in your case, I would run 4.0.2, keep the internal resolution set to 1x (Maaaaaaybe 1.5x for brawl).

stock settings are about as "fast" as you can get, without enabling game breaking hacks.
(04-26-2016, 10:42 AM)EagerStallion Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to make a million threads so I'll ask this question here and let the moderators take apropriate action, can I force Dolphin 4 to use DirectX 9 instead of 11? 9.0c is still the best when it comes to (all) games, and PCSX2 and PPSSPP both run smoother on 9.0c instead of 11.

4.0-4.0.2 run Direct3D 9 if you set that in the settings. Using Direct3D 9 with recent development builds is impossible.
personalty I have a gts250 which is not a dx11 card (up to 10.1 if I'm not mistaken) and I am able to ru games with dx11 in dolphin.
Dolphin's DX11 backend only requires DX10 support I think? I know my GTX 280 worked fine as well.
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY
I got my replacement CPU! Paying insurance is so worth it, I do not feel like spending $500 for a new CPU. Good news: I can run MH3 at 2X resolution.
Specs:
Intel i7 3770K (laptop version), nVidia GT630M and 8GBs of DDR3! Oh sweet Satan this laptop is nice.