Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Last Story - double shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In last story, if you run to an area with a low ceiling like the little balcony yurick is standing on when you reach the great halls in lazuris castle or on the stairs, it will cast a double shadow, one on the floor and one on the ceiling or on the side wall on the stairs.  This is with all plugins and all settings.
Nevermind, I think fast depth seems to fix this.
Can you record a fifo log for this?

https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/fifo...evelopers/

(for settings while recording, i recommend using single core, xfb disabled, and efb to texture disabled, even if the wiki says the opposite. A 3 frames fifo log should be the right size for this)

I fear that some upcoming change to fast depth could break this. If we had a fifo log on the server, we could immediately see that it breaks this and prevent this from being broken.
Actually, just start a new game, and as soon as you get control of dagran, turn around and break the rock barrier. Go in the tunnel that forms, and you should see a shadow on the ceiling with fast depth disabled.
Wow, didn't notice the shadow thing (did some testing yesterday, results are in the Last Story game thread).

Since I've seen many games that project shadow maps through all objects, like a column of shadow, I think this is just how the game engine works.

OpenGL backend, tried various combinations of settings in Master build 4.0-9237.
I don't think Fast Depth causes this. It does fix some 2d interface elements (see my post in the Last Story game thread).

For the shadows, DX11 backend is the same as OGL backend.

(04-25-2016, 12:03 PM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, just start a new game, and as soon as you get control of dagran, turn around and break the rock barrier. Go in the tunnel that forms, and you should see a shadow on the ceiling with fast depth disabled.
While Mimimi does have the game (Last Story "speedhack" author), not everyone has the game(s) to test with (hard to address game issues if you don't have the game Tongue).

@Mimimi:
Here's MY FIFO for the fog and shadows.
And HERE is another (see my post in the Last Story game thread for details on this FIFO).
Actually, I take that back. Fast depth seems to have no effect on the double shadow casting. The double casted shadows are most noticable on the stairs of the great hall of lazulis castle.
Can you give me a savegame for this? If it's broken on fast and slow depth, it's actually an important issue. But i'd like to test it on a wii as well, to double check the double shadows are actually a bug.
Here it is. Just go up the right stair and walk up to the balcony and the second set of stairs also show this glitch.
Are you absolutely sure this doesn't happen on Wii? There are tons of games (such as Starfox Assault for an example) where the double shadows happen on console.
I've seen playthroughs of this on real Wii and this issue isn't present.
Pages: 1 2