Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Codes for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Game Version Info

The AR and Gecko codes listed below will only work for the NTSC-U, G8ME01 (USA) version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
PAL and other regions will not work. I only have the NTSC-U version, so other regions can not be supported by me.
Feel free to port these codes for the other regions, I add them into the main post then.
Should any codes not work or if a modified HP value is wrong for the NTSC-U version, let me know so it can be fixed.
I am really terrible in finding the correct code addresses. It is just a collection of code addresses which were found. Changing values however is quite simple.
Check out http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2375 if interested in more codes.

AR Codes

Spoiler:

Gecko Codes

Party Member Yoshi Color Modifier (credits to Ralf):
Widescreen Codes (check the game wiki page):
Have Specific Badge (credits to Ralf):

Gecko Codes for Difficulty Increasment

Enable Hard / Insane Mode (credits to Ralf):
Hard Mode for 1.5x HP for normal enemies (credits to Ralf):
Hard Mode for 1.5x HP for bosses (credits to Ralf):
Insane Mode for double HP for normal enemies (credits to Ralf):
Insane Mode for double HP for bosses (credits to Ralf):
Hard Mode for one extra DEF for normal enemies (credits to Ralf):
Hard Mode for one extra DEF for bosses (credits to Ralf):
A new Hard Mode code for increasing the defense of enemies (also for bosses) by one is added, which can be combined with the Hard / Insane Mode codes for increased enemy HP. The Enable Hard / Insane Mode code has been updated to support this new Hard Mode code.
It seems that the Goomba it not capable of having a higher defense. Either the address is wrong or the Goomba simply can't have any defense at all. So far tested, it works with other encountered enemies.
Alas, I am sorry. I might be able to do some tweaking with AR codes (Gecko codes are much worse for me). The only reason I could provide a Hard and Insane mode for Enemy defense and HP is because it is mostly adjusting values. I am wondering... What is so interesting about the lottery? Personally I always hated that system and have absolutely no interest for it. If it is just the rewards such as badges you want, why don't you use a code to obtain the rewards, allowing you to skip the entire lottery process? There is a code for unlocking every specific badge you want. You could even play with two Double Pain badges for triple the pain of playing it (it is sort of the goal with this thread, to provide a more enjoyable experience... If you like an insane difficulty like me...). If you want the thrill of winning the lottery, you are better off playing it as it should have been without any codes.

These are the rewards for the lottery:
4 numbers - Power Plus Badge or Zess Dynamite
3 numbers - Lucky Day Badge or a Zess Special
2 numbers - Ultra Shroom
1 number - Life Shroom
0 numbers - Mushroom

Only the badges or worthwhile. Besides, the can also obtain Power Plus Badges by stealing them from Dark and Elite Wizzerds. The Lucky Day Badge can be stolen from Swampires. These enemies are found in the lower floor of the Pit of 100 trials. Or... Unlock them with the Gecko code listed in the main post. You can probably use a code too if you want to have the Zess Dynamite or Special. For the Ultra Shroom, Life Shroom of Mushroom... I suppose you could just buy them from a shop?
i'm getting crazy about the aspect ratio 16:9 fix!!!

i use the correct gecko code for the ntsc version and i've aktiveted cheats in porperties and fit to screen.

1 time the aspect ration was correct:

[Image: 894a29-1471283204.png]

after that a play a little bit with the display options and so on. an now circles are eggs:

[Image: 248d9f-1471283287.png]

it's like the cheat isn't activated and the fit to screen distort the proportions.

i've tried anything: enter the cheat again, deactivate, activate chetas in properties, delete dolphin settings and so on ...
Hmm, did you happen to access the Graphics menu during gameplay? It reverts back the settings that were set in the game's ini file to the chosen settings in the Graphics menu, such as Aspect Ratio. Which Aspect Ratio Setting do you use? Stretch to Window works normally quite well. Or you could just set it to Force 16:9 as Stretch to Window might actually stretch out a bit further than Force 16:9 does depending on the window or fullscreen resolution you use. Auto should give the same result as Force 16:9. Also make sure you have the widescreen hack in the graphics menu (not the code) disabled.

Otherwise, you might want to try these alternative widescreen AR codes for NTSC-U:

Code:
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen) [Ralf]
0441F6D8 3FE38E39

16:9 Aspect Ratio v2 (Widescreen) [Ralf]
04199598 4E800020
0441F6D8 3FE38E39

The original code you tried was:

Code:
$Aspect Ratio Fix for 16:9 (NTSC-U)
C202F310 00000003
3DC08042 3DE03FD8
91EEF6D8 4E800020
60000000 00000000
04199598 4E800020

Right? It is the same code as found on the game's wiki page.
(08-16-2016, 07:18 PM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, did you happen to access the Graphics menu during gameplay? It reverts back the settings that were set in the game's ini file to the chosen settings in the Graphics menu, such as Aspect Ratio.

No.

(08-16-2016, 07:18 PM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Which Aspect Ratio Setting do you use? Stretch to Window works normally quite well. Or you could just set it to Force 16:9 Stretch to Window might actually stretch out a bit further than Force 16:9 does. Auto should give the same result as Force 16:9. Also make sure you have the widescreen code disabled.

I normally use Stretch to Window for 16:9 fullscreen.
I'm a bit confused: stretch to window stretch the picture and the aspect ratio cheat should correct the strechtching. or am i wrong? so why i've to deactivate the cheat?

In may case it make no differecne if the cheat is activated or not: stretch to window makes eggs out of cirlces. the ar-codes for aspect ratio fix aren't working too for me.

(08-16-2016, 07:18 PM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
$Aspect Ratio Fix for 16:9 (NTSC-U)
C202F310 00000003
3DC08042 3DE03FD8
91EEF6D8 4E800020
60000000 00000000
04199598 4E800020

Right? It is the same code as found on the game's wiki page.

Right.

So where do i hvae to put the codes in?

Edit Config
or
Show Defaults?

[Image: f7bb42-1471340104.png]
(08-16-2016, 07:31 PM)heinzgruber Wrote: [ -> ]So where do i hvae to put the codes in?

Edit Config
or
Show Defaults?

[Image: f7bb42-1471340104.png]

Use Edit Config.

Show Defaults will technically work, but that file is supposed to be replaced when you for instance update Dolphin, so any custom changes to it can be hard to keep track of.
(08-16-2016, 08:13 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Use Edit Config

This where i put the cheats but the aspect ratio fix dont work. Neither gecko or Action replay.
(08-16-2016, 07:31 PM)heinzgruber Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit confused: stretch to window stretch the picture and the aspect ratio cheat should correct the strechtching. or am i wrong? so why i've to deactivate the cheat?

Ugh... My fault, I just write my thoughts down without checking it. I meant the widescreen hack, not the code. In the graphics menu there is an option for a widescreen hack. That should be disabled and the code must be enabled. I sometimes forgot to proof-check my text.

Add the gecko code like this:

Code:
[Gecko]
$Aspect Ratio Fix for 16:9
C202F310 00000003
3DC08042 3DE03FD8
91EEF6D8 4E800020
60000000 00000000
04199598 4E800020
(08-16-2016, 08:44 PM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh... My fault, I just write my thoughts down without checking it. I meant the widescreen hack, not the code. In the graphics menu there is an option for a widescreen hack. That should be disabled and the code must be enabled. I sometimes forgot to proof-check my text.

okay. widescreen hack was never activated.

To make clear how this work to get paper mario work in 16:9:

1. The stretch to Window option in dolphin stretch the 4:3 picture to 16:9 if for example 1920 x 1080 is selected.
2. The aspect ratio fix should squeeze the picture to get correct proportion in 16:9.
Right?

So this doesn't work for me.

I also ask me: how create dolphin the parts right and left of the picture in 16:9 which are missed with 4:3? are the hex values from the cheat the solution for this problem?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5