Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save conversation from PJ64 to Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I wanted to switch my Ocarina of Time save file from PJ64 to Dolphin, simply put the texture pack is better and I don't wanna try and port that haha

Is there a program that can do that/is it even possible? 
It depends on which version you are using of Ocarina of Time. There are versions V1.0, V1.1 and V1.2 for NTSC and V1.0 and V1.1 for PAL on the Nintendo 64. The virtual console edition is V1.2 for NTSC and V1.1 for PAL. The Collector's Edition and the Master Quest discs for the GameCube are version V1.3 for NTSC and V1.2 for PAL (both for normal quest and master quest). Essentially, the GameCube versions are a higher version than on the Nintendo 64. The virtual console version is identical to the latest Nintendo 64 version.

It may be done with the virtual console edition, but I guess the GameCube versions are just too different.
I believe they all use the same saves, I just wouldn't know how to convert it.
I know they are all interchangeable for the n64 emulator.

Bummer I probably can't get it ported.
It's probably the case that it'd actually be quite simple, but you'd have to do some prodding of files. If you find the file Dolphin keeps the save in, it might well just be the same file as the other versions of the game with a different extension, or it might be in some thin wrapper (basically an extra header and footer on the file). In either of these cases, it should be pretty simple to transplant the save, but you'd need to have some kind of idea of what you were doing.
Any devs care to chime in about editing GC memory card files in Dolphin?
(04-22-2016, 12:12 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]Any devs care to chime in about editing GC memory card files in Dolphin?

That's the easy part. Just use Import GCI and Export GCI in Dolphin's memory card manager. The trickier part is knowing what format Nintendo's Virtual Console N64 emulator uses compared to the PC N64 emulator.
I won't be using VC, I want to use the collectors edition, as it has the texture pack. Unless that just uses the VC
The texture pack works for all versions of Ocarina of Time. Just rename the folder to the first three letters of the game code. Master Quest disc uses D43 and Collector's Edition disc uses PZL. You only have to check those first three letters for the virtual console version.
So i've had some progress as far as information goes.
I found this site here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/virtual-cons...on.167062/ to convert Virtual Console to PJ64, so i'm thinking the reverse is possible, i get i need to byte swap i guess, But after that how do i know how many A's add to inflate the filesize?
Also I extracted the Collectors edition .CGI file and it's 72k, If someone who has access to a VC version (do not) could you please check your filesize?

EDIT: it seems someone tried to do the opposite this way
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...e-savefile
Don't suppose someone to help me identify the header file so i can copy it to the PJ64.sra file?