Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unlock DLC on dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello to everyone, as the title, you can unlock the dlc of dolphin? thanks
...wut
(04-17-2016, 08:58 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]...wut

how do I unlock the dlc on an emulated game?
Uhh... Do GameCube and Wii games even support DLC? I know the WiiU does, but Dolphin is not a WiiU emulator. Perhaps the rhythm games, or perhaps Monster Hunter 3 (is that even real DLC?). So far, I never heard of a Nintendo game before the WiiU and 3DS that supports DLC. Nintendo always released the full package for a game.
If you own DLC for a game on a real Wii, use a NAND dumping homebrew app to get your Wii NAND on an SD card or USB drive, then plug that storage into your PC, and install the NAND image into Dolphin. Your games will then be able to see their DLC.
(04-17-2016, 09:44 PM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Uhh... Do GameCube and Wii games even support DLC? I know the WiiU does, but Dolphin is not a WiiU emulator. Perhaps the rhythm games, or perhaps Monster Hunter 3 (is that even real DLC?). So far, I never heard of a Nintendo game before the WiiU and 3DS that supports DLC. Nintendo always released the full package for a game.

There's DLC for several Wii games, both ones on WiiWare and ones that were released on discs. Like you say, rhythm games were some of the ones that used it. Two other examples are Mega Man 9 and 10.
Ahh, thanks for the information. I did not know WiiWare games supported DLC, or even those MegaMan games. I guess I must have been too focused on the Zelda and Mario games, which were the prime reason for buying a Wii. Smile
(04-17-2016, 09:48 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]If you own DLC for a game on a real Wii, use a NAND dumping homebrew app to get your Wii NAND on an SD card or USB drive, then plug that storage into your PC, and install the NAND image into Dolphin. Your games will then be able to see their DLC.

hello, could you explain more? thank you
If you own the dlc and you have a hacked wii just follow this guide https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...sive-guide
hello to all, only today I solved this problem .... now, thanks to you, I managed to have all the dlc I had on the physical console