Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hardware upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PandaNL

Hello,

Just started playing with Dolphin, bought a usb gamecube adapter to plug in my controllers and so far it had been working good.

I'm just curious if and what I need to update if I want to play most mario/zelda (NGC & Wii) games on 1080P with HD settings at a reasonable (I'm not expectin to run everything perfectly smooth) speed.

My current hardware:

Mobo: Asus P8H67-M Evo
CPU: Intel i5 2400 @ 3,1GHz (not overclocked)
RAM: DDR3-1333MHz 16GB
GPU: EVGA GTX 650 2GB edition
SSD: Adata 256GB SP900

Help in what to upgrade appreciated.
Nah, your hardware is pretty good. Should be fine for the majority of games out there except for maybe like, Rogue Squadron. But that game even makes my system break a sweat.

If you want to get the absolute most out of your hardware, you can use Windows 10 and have access to our Direct X 12 graphics backend. This is currently an experimental backend but works fairly well and does a really good job of reducing work on the GPU emulation thread.

PandaNL

Aah great, thank you. Forgot to mention that I use Windows 10, and indeed tried DirectX 12 no issues seen so far.
Just don't miss to enable the ZTP speedhack, else it should work fine.

PandaNL

Thanks guys.

Played Super mario galaxy yesterday with hd texture pack and 60fps hack, it looks absolutly stunning but sometimes the frames drop to 39 and it stutters for a few seconds and them runs fine again.

My settings at the momemt
Resolution 1650x1050
Internal resolution is set to 2x (720p)

What should be the best settings for smg with my hardware?
Keep care that your GPU runs in high performance mode. Maybe it's required to force it within the driver configurations. Else there isn't much you can do. Random slowdowns are still a bit common :/