Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade HD Textures not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sassu-chan

I know this has been brought up before but the solutions aren't helping, I downloaded the latest version of the Xenoblade HD Texture pack (I've tried using both the PNG file and DDS version neither work) and I dragged them into DolphinEmulator/Load/Textures and it hasn't done anything to the game. The game runs fine on its own btw. I have checked Load Custom textures, I have made the EFB Copies RAM, I've made the texture cache safe I've made the backend OpenGL. I've seen other solutions I just don't understand (I'm a noob obviously) and I'd really appreciate the help, thank you so much if you reply and being patient with me. I'm using Stable version of Dolphin 4.0.2
The problem is you're using a ridiculously old version of Dolphin, and the custom texture format has changed. Download the latest development revision from the top of the downloads page. Also I think the only reason this game needs EFB2RAM is for the screenshots used when you save the game, so you can probably turn it off and get some free performance if you want.

Sassu-chan

(04-12-2016, 04:26 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is you're using a ridiculously old version of Dolphin, and the custom texture format has changed. Download the latest development revision from the top of the downloads page. Also I think the only reason this game needs EFB2RAM is for the screenshots used when you save the game, so you can probably turn it off and get some free performance if you want.

Thanks a ton, I'll try it once I get back from school. I have tried to do it once before but it had a few errors, but I think I know why. Bless you. So should i un install the 4.0.2? Or can I leave it and put the texture in the same place and have it work with the development version?
Whether you uninstall 4.0.2 doesn't matter. Just keep the textures where you placed them, and they'll work in the development versions (assuming you're using the American version of Xenoblade Chronicles). Remember to follow the link at the top of the Dolphin download page if a development build gives you errors about missing DLLs.

Sassu-chan

(04-13-2016, 12:20 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Whether you uninstall 4.0.2 doesn't matter. Just keep the textures where you placed them, and they'll work in the development versions (assuming you're using the American version of Xenoblade Chronicles). Remember to follow the link at the top of the Dolphin download page if a development build gives you errors about missing DLLs.

That's all I needed to know, thank you so much. This community is great, much appreciated.