Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is the motion plus still broken for Zelda: Skyward Sword?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LaurenceW

I remember trying to emulate this a few years ago. The motion plus was broken and made the game unplayable. I am wondering whether it is worth trying again. Is the game now playable with motion plus and has it reached the same standard as the Wii console?
I played through the entire game without any issues, with a regular Wiimote + the Motion+ addon. Apparently the Wiimote+ (with the Motion+ built-in) is more complicated to get to work, but it's not broken now. As for desyncs, as long as you have a sensor bar, it should be about the same as with the Wii (or, at least, I didn't notice any difference).
If you're talking about emulated wiimotes, no. We still don't emulate it and have no plans to emulate that.

motion+ with real wiimotes has always been supported.
To be honest, emulating wiimotion+ is very easy, and there were already a branch for it some years ago. *But* it's not usable. I think it required 3 gamepads to get enough analog axies. So it might be fine for TAS, but never ever for common playing....
In my case, always worked better with the integrated plus ones.

With the plus add on I get constant recalibration screen in many games. With the integrated plus mostly no recalibration screen.

And about wiimote emulation, people should get the real deal. Today is really easy to connect wiimotes.
(04-12-2016, 07:52 AM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, emulating wiimotion+ is very easy, and there were already a branch for it some years ago. *But* it's not usable. I think it required 3 gamepads to get enough analog axies. So it might be fine for TAS, but never ever for common playing....

I don't know about back then, but in my opinion we now have two great alternative options beyond purchasing/owning a Motion+ add-on or built-in Motion+ controllers:
I) Steam Controller
II) Dual shock driver packages ala Input Mapper or any of the other DS3/4 packs in the pcsx2 forums (basically the home and support zone of said packs).

I think this is worth reconsidering at some point in the future. Especially with VR being a thing again, but I don't know how much work would be needed to support Rift/Vive controllers.
I've read that each game uses the Motion Plus's sensors differently, so even then it would be quite complicated and not user friendly to configure...
Yep.

Even if we did go through the effort to implement it into emulated Wiimotes, making UX incredibly stupid is not really worth it.