Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound advancing faster than video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jcgss77

Hello, I am having an odd issue. As I play GC games, I am experiencing sound playing at a faster speed than the video, which is (seemingly) playing at normal speed. This is happening with all games I am running, but is especially noticeable on RE4. Cutscenes play out and need to catch up to the audio tracks. I am also experiencing a kind of sound "crackle", like when you play a dirty cd and it gives a kind of skipping sound. All advice is appreciated.
Don't use the 4.0.2, it's old.

Update to the latest development release, make sure audio is set to HLE, and in Config > general make sure frame/speed limit is set to Auto.
I've been curious about this for a while.  But almost every post I read, the biggest problem is that someone downloaded an old version of Dolphin.  I just wonder how they do that?  The main Dolphin webpage has a big blue button taking you to the correct versions to download.  The Download button at the top of the webpage takes you to the correct link.  It almost seems more difficult to find and download these old versions, but people keep managing to do it.  It just seems like the way it's setup now would be fools proof.  Are they getting them from unofficial sources?
It's not that difficult to find the old stable builds on the download page, you just have to scroll down a bit. The text even implies that they are more stable than the development versions.
People like the word "stable", and our text on the matter is a bit more misleading than I would like, so, what JosJuice said.

Additionally, I suspect many of our users don't download Dolphin from our website like they're supposed to.

jcgss77

Thank you helios747, that did the job. The most recent build also caused the emulator to be more accurate graphics-wise as well. There is still a small amount of audio crackle, but games are now playable. The reason I DL'd an old version is because it was the most recent version on Emulator Zone. I am going to assume that that site is no longer in a stage of support. I did not use emulators for years, and just recently got back into it, so there you have it. Lesson learned!

Now I just have to figure out why sometimes when I start Dolphin up it stays at about 18 FPS, instead of running at full speed.
Don't download Dolphin from any site other than this one. We cannot and will not guarantee the integrity of those downloads.

Glad that fixed your issue!