Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TO DEVELOPER: Please make Dolphin with speed limit 103% and 104% in config menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i have monitor with gsync. Please make Dolphin with Speed Limit 103% and 104% in config menu so games with 30 fps become 31 fps.
31 fps will make the game smoother with gsync.

I have tried:
1. In Dolphin config: Speed Limit Unlimited
2. Limit the game to 31 fps with Riva Tuner
Result: The game become smoother but the music/sound is broken

Using Speed Limit 110% (30 fps -> 33 fps) is too fast for playing, so i prefer 103% or 104%

Thanks thanks thanks
I don't think so. There is no need to have such an option within the GUI. But feel free to test it yourself: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/b...r.cpp#L531
It's just an ini option, which allows any value, so also 1.03
(04-10-2016, 08:59 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so. There is no need to have such an option within the GUI. But feel free to test it yourself: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/b...r.cpp#L531
It's just an ini option, which allows any value, so also 1.03

thanks degasus, now i know how to use gameini settings per game with your hint
I have a G-Sync monitor because I'm stupidly sensitive to stutter. Dolphin has been a fantastic experience all around, though. What sort of issues are you experiencing in particular? Have you tried allowing G-Sync in windowed mode in the NVIDIA Control Panel? Do you have issues with any one game in particular, or do you have problems with any 30 FPS title?
(04-11-2016, 01:20 PM)Kodiack Wrote: [ -> ]I have a G-Sync monitor because I'm stupidly sensitive to stutter. Dolphin has been a fantastic experience all around, though. What sort of issues are you experiencing in particular? Have you tried allowing G-Sync in windowed mode in the NVIDIA Control Panel? Do you have issues with any one game in particular, or do you have problems with any 30 FPS title?

Before i have gsync, 30 fps is not smooth enough for me.
After i have gsync, i can feel 30 fps with gsync is smoother than 30 fps without gsync (PC games and emulator)
Make the game run at 31 or 31,5 fps is a bit smoother than 30 fps, and the game isn't playing too fast (only 3-5% faster).
And i'm sensitive to stutter too Smile

while playing with gsync, do you prefer vsync on or off? (nvidia control panel default vsync is on)