Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: cant use 2 different gamepads at the same time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

piux

hi everyone, so i bought a xbox 360 game pad, its works perfectly and auto-configures when i play a pc game, and also have a generic genius game pad.
so i have used 2 generic gamepads each from a different company, one from genius and another from some wierd company. they have worked and can play smash melee.
but the problem is i want to connect the xbox 360 and the genius game pat at the same time, since i dont have enough to buy another xbox 360.
i have played with the plugins but failed, also i cant use the 2 generic gamepads like before, and now i cant play without my friend.
and i have searched in the internets for some help but nothing Sad
any idea how to resolve this problem?
Wait a minute.

What kind of controller are those?
Wireless? Do they need special drivers?

Have you checked the gamepads' status in the control panel before and after you connect the xbox 360 pad?

Are you using both pads on the same usb hub?

What is your OS?

Can you use better spacing please?

piux

(10-02-2009, 02:13 PM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]Wait a minute.

Wireless? Do they need special drivers?

Have you checked the gamepads' status in the control panel before and after you connect the xbox 360 pad?

What is your OS?

two generic genius controller and new xbox360 no they arent wireless

Do they need special drivers?
they are plug and play

yes they works perfectly also i used to play with both before connecting the xbox 360, also i come play street fighter 4 with both at the same time (xbox 360 and one genius).
but i cant configure them both of them at the same time with the dolphin emu, when i put one xbox 360 for controller one it works fine and every botton works, but when i start to configure controller 2 with the genius game pad it recognize the game pat but when i start to configure the bottons it wont do anything :S

no

What is your OS?
windows 7 rtm-7600 64-bits

no, jk sorry for the bad grammar also but english isnt my natal lenguage

system specs.
cpu:
cpu intel core2quad q6600 @3.0
ram:
6gb ram kingston 800mhz
mother board:
asrock p43tiwns1600
graphic card
gtx260

thx you very much for your interst, this will help future nubs like meTongue
You wouldn't be the first person having problems with the nJoy plugin.
Sometimes it won't recognize your pad's buttons on the config dialog but it does ingame (happened to me, might be your case as well).

You may try:
Unplug xbox 360 controller, run Dolphin and configure pad 2, then plug xbox360 controller.
or
Manually edit the config file and map the button id's for pad2 by yourself (control panel tells you the buttons' id+1 *panel button 1 is 0 in the ini file, panel button 2 is 1 and so on*)
A tip:

Rename sdl_1.3.dll to sdl.dll and sdl to sdl_old

it should allow you to map your keys now.