Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy - wicked jaggies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen a number of images around of Super Mario Galaxy looking so beautiful in HD, but when I play it at 1920x1080, there are still a ton of jaggies - it doesn't matter the MSAA level. So, I'm thinking that there is something I haven't configured properly. Any suggestions?
use your drivers aa. I find that that works much better.
Also disable "Native" in GFX settings (resolution)
(10-02-2009, 06:20 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Also disable "Native" in GFX settings (resolution)

Hmm...I tried that, but the box was already unchecked. I decided to play it checked, and I noticed that I should qualify what I'm saying. It appears that the game is super sharp, for things like text, the opening logo, the moon with princess and the letter, super super sharp, like one would expect from that resolution AA or not. When I turn on native, all of that goes away.

So, I know that it is giving me the clarity I would expect of 1080p but for some reason the inengine parts, the playable parts - if you will, look like it is being displayed in native regardless of the checkmark. So, it doesn't seem like anti-aliasing has any bearing here, as the graphics are far worse than a 1080p image is likely to be.

It's almost like playing Twilight Princess without the bloom hack. I tried the bloom hack on SMG, but sadly it didn't work, but it is almost like something is holding back the in engine stuff, like a frame buffer. I believe that was how it was explained to me for Z:TP.
In certain areas, like inside star domes, the resolution will be really low (blurry) no matter what resolution you have. IDK what the cause is, but it's the same in SSBB in the Pokemon stage, when the screen is flipped by Palkia. The game should look sharp in most areas however. (If doesn't in the observatory, something's wrong. Try both video plugins, a newer build, etc. (Heard there was a problem like this in the OGL plugin a while back)