Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Having problems making a Memory Card file(New User)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Leorlev

New to emulating, so sorry if this is a common/dumb question. I couldn't find anything on FAQ, so I'm making this post.

Just downloaded Dolphin and a few ROMs, and was able to open them all and start the games. However, they all said 'No Saved Information in Memory Slot A' or something similar. I'm trying to make a file to act as a memory card, but I keep getting errors. I'm going to the Dolphin emulator window where you can start to play the games, going to the Tools tab, opening the Memcard Manager(GC), and clicking Browse for Memory Card A to try and make a file for it. However, I keep getting errors saying the file 'Failed to load as a memorycard file is not large enough to be a valid memory card file (0x40 bytes'.

What do I do to fix this? Not very tech savvy, so any and all help is much appreciated, thanks.
Leorlev Wrote:Just downloaded Dolphin and a few ROMs

From the Global Forum Rules:

Quote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO, game, or other copyrighted material that has been illegally obtained or shared. Furthermore, discussion pertaining to "ROM"s is only allowed when it relates to the DSP. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded an ISO will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc.

We're pretty strict about this stuff.

Closed.