Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: If it's possible to have shaders then can we have the following p. processing effect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If any of you are familiar with MAME or MESS then you will have seen the Aperture2x4bg_Aaron effect that can be applied to the games graphics.

How feasible would it be to include this effect in Dolphin?

I'm not sure exactly how it works but the effect comes from a small .png file that I guess is probably mapped to the screen coordinates so that it is drawn over the normal output using a shader?

Thanks.
I don't see why not. Go for it.

LuisR14

i'm gonna need an image to know what you're talking about :p
I'm a long time MESS/MAME user, but i don't know that...
Can someone post this thing for we see?
Here you go dudes/dudettes.

The file can be found in the artwork folder of either MESS or MAME.
Where do you downloaded your?
In my MESS (i update from SVN repository) i don't have this...
What's the name of the file there?
Can you at less post for we see what's are?
(10-04-2009, 12:22 PM)shideravan Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you downloaded your?
In my MESS (i update from SVN repository) i don't have this...
What's the name of the file there?
Can you at less post for we see what's are?

If you right click the image I have uploaded and "save as," it will automatically be named correctly to its default file name (aperture2x4bg.png).

Alternatively go to:

http://mamedev.org/release.html

and download "mame0134b.exe." That will extract all the original MAME files including the "aperture2x4bg.png" to the artwork folder.

Any other problems, please shout.
i still dont get what this is good for...
can you plz post a screenshot with and without this effect?
(10-05-2009, 12:40 AM)FloW3184 Wrote: [ -> ]i still dont get what this is good for...
can you plz post a screenshot with and without this effect?

I wish I could but if I use FRAPS then it will resize the screenshot making the effect look awful.

The PrintScreen key captures the screen without the effect applied (in fullscreen) and directly taking a screenshot in MAME (F10) also ignores any effects applied.

In a nutshell the effect, when combined with combined with Bilinear Filtering, makes the image look as though it is being rendered on a CRT monitor.

It looks absolutely gorgeous and I wish I could share a screenshot with you guys. Can anyone suggest a way I might be able to capture it properly?

Thanks.
Just use PrintScreen key? Tongue If the effect uses an external image, then dolphin has to be modified so it can turn the image into a texture and overlay and I don't think the shader itself can just stick an image over the screen, you need to create the verticies of the polygon that is going to have texture on it. No one is gonna attempt trying to get that to work because what dev will care to code something for that effect, so basically the idea is screwed.
Pages: 1 2