Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game ID and Invalid Adress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Evening,
If I change via hex editor the Game ID on the first byte, G to a L than I get a loading bar until the n64 rom is uploaded into the ram but I get a warning:
I dont try the Alphabet but the most letters show all black screen but after finish loading the rom it start

[Image: 3a0eee-1459371303.png]

[Image: c12ce9-1459371295.png]

Hope someone could explain this or give me a hint to fix this.
(I could also load a splash screen, but dolphin is strange with it, its like win98 you can change the window frame size but the image keeps in place)
Maybe you need some specific setting for this game, but changing the gameid prevent us from loading the gameinis.

Or you just have broken the game...
I looked at the game ini's and i found that you are right, because I used a new ID and its finding the L.ini as only setting, but load with a G a alredy existing game ini.
So the Setting wich gives me the error but a real loading bar, is Real XFB.
My thoughts:
Is the Real XFB so good programmed that it get the loadingbar to show an exit on a real (self build) rom problem.
Or a bug in Real XFB
Or is in the virtual and the none XFB a bug, not showing the loadingbar, and ignoring the error.

Btw if I the error with the invalid addres would only show up once, i could play the game, but the alert window stops the emulation.

Thank you degasus, I should had looked myself one the folders (is this english^^)
Lacking XFB emulation should not crash, it should just display nothing.