Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess Crashes HELPP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ayaleisi

So I've been playing Twilight Princess for a little while and it's been running perfectly fine (I was using 4.0).

Then for some reason my sound started to skip a lot. I don't know how to explain it but it would leave some parts of the music then cut off other parts of the song and then put them back on again over and over again.

After I went through that and couldn't take it anymore (I tried changing it to LLE and all that fancy stuff but it didn't work whatsoever), I tried downloading other versions like the newest version at the time or 4.0.2.

When I went tried out 4.0.2, it wouldn't open any of just the 2 games I have (Wind Waker and Twilight Princess) so I was just like scratch that and went on to the newest version. It opened! Thank goodness and no sound problems either. My hopes were up and I got really happy until my dreams were crushed. When I chose my quest long and all it went to the TV screen thing and then crashed. I kept opening and closing Dolphin and nothing happened. Just kept crashing over and over again and mind that this didn't happen with Wind Waker at all. Only problem with that is that I have a corrupted slot.

After this I just went back to 4.0 and just told myself to deal with the crap sound so I run around for like 2 minutes until I need to warp somewhere else. I open my map and as I try to zoom in, it crashes. Every time. Also, I have no problems with speed and lag and such.

Please help. I just want to play this game.
Always use the latest development version. Never use 4.0.2, and especially don't use 4.0. This sounds like you might have a bad dump. Calculate the MD5 in the game's properties and check it against entries at gametdb.

Ayaleisi

I have the EU version.

f9c47b0c8a34d345c06061f24e0db277
(03-27-2016, 07:22 AM)Ayaleisi Wrote: [ -> ]I have the EU version.

f9c47b0c8a34d345c06061f24e0db277

That's not a bad dump (I think). At least I'm having the same MD5.
Have you updated your video drivers? What are your settings?

Ayaleisi

I have them all updated..

and I have default settings. I just updated to a newer version which said something about Windows 10. I thought that maybe that might let me play Twilight Princess but, it didn't work. Still crashing after selecting quest log.. Yay.

How can I seriously fix this? I really want to play this game.
What if you start with a new, fresh memory card? If it still won't work, and you've made sure your drivers are not the problem (shouldn't be since you are not crashing right at the start) and the game was dumped correctly, try resetting your whole Dolphin configuration completely by moving the Dolphin Emulator directory (which is in your documents on Windows) to somewhere else. Dolphin will then create a new one and use a new, clean configuration.

Ayaleisi

(04-03-2016, 12:21 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]What if you start with a new, fresh memory card? If it still won't work, and you've made sure your drivers are not the problem (shouldn't be since you are not crashing right at the start) and the game was dumped correctly, try resetting your whole Dolphin configuration completely by moving the Dolphin Emulator directory (which is in your documents on Windows) to somewhere else. Dolphin will then create a new one and use a new, clean configuration.

So, I tried doing exactly what you told me to do. When I got on it, it started like normal then told me if I wanted to format my Memory Card since it's corrupted apparently. I then made a new quest log and made a custom Link and Epona name. Then it crashed.. again. It always crashes after the TV thing when I press A (which is X on my keyboard).